The Student Room Group

I can't insert tampons

I'm 18 and i've been forced to use pads since I was 13. I'm so embarrassed that I can't use tampons.

I bought the smallest in the shop and anytime I insert in it hurts! Even 2cm in hurts! I once managed to put one in halfway and I was crying for 5 minutes, I had to pull it out.

My hymen/vagina is weird looking. I have a hole in the middle and the top and bottom of my vagina is covered by thick muscle looking stuff.

Tampons seem SOO much easier. i'm also concerned about losing my virginity, that will probably kill me.
I think if you are seriously concerned you should go to your doctor. It may be that they can give you an explanation. Alternatively, you could be putting it in the wrong angle.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and i've been forced to use pads since I was 13. I'm so embarrassed that I can't use tampons.
I bought the smallest in the shop and anytime I insert in it hurts! Even 2cm in hurts! I once managed to put one in halfway and I was crying for 5 minutes, I had to pull it out.
My hymen/vagina is weird looking. I have a hole in the middle and the top and bottom of my vagina is covered by thick muscle looking stuff.
Tampons seem SOO much easier. i'm also concerned about losing my virginity, that will probably kill me.

"I can't fit my tampon. Times ta havez sexes."

:colonhash:

and all I can say is

ow.
Sounds...utterly...painful. You should errr get that checked out...
That thick muscle looking stuff may be your hymen :smile:
Have you tried tampons with applicators?
You should probably go to the gynae
See a doc might need a little snip
I can't put in tampons either, people tell me it hurts the first time you put it in and pull it out but I'm not willing to experience that sort of pain :plz2:

And I don't like the thought of your tampon keeping all your stuff up there instead of letting it out :afraid:
Reply 6
Original post by HuggleyDuck
I think if you are seriously concerned you should go to your doctor. It may be that they can give you an explanation. Alternatively, you could be putting it in the wrong angle.

I tried again today, I put it in and then I couldn't go further
Reply 7
Original post by jedanselemyia
That thick muscle looking stuff may be your hymen :smile:
Have you tried tampons with applicators?
You should probably go to the gynae

I doon't have a gynocologist

and yeah, it is probably my hymen and yes i use the applicator ones
Not going to lie, that was me, I just couldn't do it, I went and sat on it once inserted and I nearly killed myself. I have not tried since tbh :redface:
I doon't have a gynocologist
and yeah, it is probably my hymen and yes i use the applicator ones

ah ok :\
take your time anyway, I have a hard time inserting tampons too as do a lot of girls apparently x
I can't get them in either. Got one in half way a few weeks ago and it HURT.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Not going to lie, that was me, I just couldn't do it, I went and sat on it once inserted and I nearly killed myself. I have not tried since tbh :redface:

:ditto: I did that too. Not pleasant :cry:
Good to know I'm not the only one.

I bought a box of 18 from boots. They are the smallest tampax lights and I only have 2 left.... :frown:
There's nothing to be ashamed about using pads instead of tampons-I'm nearly 22 and prefer using pads. Although if it physically hurts that much, I'd go see your doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Practise fingering yourself?
Good to know I'm not the only one.

I bought a box of 18 from boots. They are the smallest tampax lights and I only have 2 left.... :frown:

Buy small non applicator ones, they're easier to adjust/move around as you insert it.
The key is to relax, take a few slow deep breaths, try applying some KY Jelly, and before you know it, it will be easy peasy. If you are tensing your muscles it probably will hurt. But as someone else said, if you do have concerns, see your GP. Honestly, it's so simple- and practice makes perfect!
I can help you with it. Call me :smile:

Original post by Anonynmous
I can help you with it. Call me :smile:

Not with that moustache you won't.
Original post by Shelly8hulahoops
Not with that moustache you won't.

I hate using tampons. Even though I've had sex, they're still very uncomfortable. I put one in to go swimming and it was fine until i sat down :eek: :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest