The Student Room Group

Can racist threads be stopped?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wilfred Little
Do you report them?

I report certain posters as I've noticed there's a theme in their post content, but they somehow make a comeback. i don't report threads as much.
Original post by Soldieroffortune
I wasn't trying to I just did?
Please remind me again how the majority of y'all describe racists then look at how they describe blacks etc. its remarkable how similar the language is.
so attacking someone's beliefs (that they have chosen) is no better than attacking someone for their skin colour?
Original post by PQ
so attacking someone's beliefs (that they have chosen) is no better than attacking someone for their skin colour?

I'm sure one could argue that the idea of 'choosing' one's beliefs is quite nebulous, given how heavily influenced they are by your environment etc.
Who cares, just ignore them.
Original post by PQ

I merely commented on the action not the reasoning behind it and in that respect no it isn't it does make y'all hypocrites though. You cannot preach equality, freedom of belief and speech and then bash someone over the head because they don't conform to your belief, They hate other races yippie for them who gives a **** though and who are you or anyone else to judge them and say your views are superior without putting yourself in EXACTLY the same position as them.
Original post by Ndella
I report certain posters as I've noticed there's a theme in their post content, but they somehow make a comeback. i don't report threads as much.

tattle tale... :tongue:
I merely commented on the action not the reasoning behind it and in that respect no it isn't it does make y'all hypocrites though. You cannot preach equality, freedom of belief and speech and then bash someone over the head because they don't conform to your belief, They hate other races yippie for them who gives a **** though and who are you or anyone else to judge them and say your views are superior without putting yourself in EXACTLY the same position as them.

Well regardless of what I personally think if racists. Anyone posting racist content in TSR has agree to comply with the site rules - which clearly state that racist posting is not allowed.

If the site rules aren't being enforced then that's for the CT to sort out. But anyone joining TSR with the intention to post racist content is obviously either too lazy to read the rules they've agreed with or too stupid to follow the rules on a private site.

I'm not sure what your point is to be honest. I've seen no hatred or insults posted on this thread - only requests that the rules be enforced.
Original post by PQ
Well regardless of what I personally think if racists. Anyone posting racist content in TSR has agree to comply with the site rules - which clearly state that racist posting is not allowed.
If the site rules aren't being enforced then that's for the CT to sort out. But anyone joining TSR with the intention to post racist content is obviously either too lazy to read the rules they've agreed with or too stupid to follow the rules on a private site.
I'm not sure what your point is to be honest. I've seen no hatred or insults posted on this thread - only requests that the rules be enforced.

Of course you don't know what my point is id be foolish to expect that much.
Suffice to say I wasn't talking about this thread but the hypocritical attitude you all exhibit, i simply find it amusing.
Reply 48

Criticising a religion is perfectly fine, and in no way racist. Especially when that religion is controversial and goes against many 21st century beliefs/laws. It's not the same as being racist, people are born with their race, but religion is a choice. You may be offended, but so are gay people when Islam says they are wrong for something they have no control over. That's life brother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The main problem on TSR is how easily baited people are to these kind of threads. Way too many people waste their time responding to an idiot/troll and keep the thread running. If people ignored them, they would go away, but that is too much to ask.
Original post by Paladian
Why don't the mods stop racist threads?

Just report<< that's what they'll say. And that's what I do as well.

Original post by TheSeal
Criticizing a religion is not racist, the mods understand this.

wot? who mentioned religion though?
Original post by TheSeal
Criticising a religion is perfectly fine, and in no way racist. Especially when that religion is controversial and goes against many 21st century beliefs/laws. It's not the same as being racist, people are born with their race, but religion is a choice. You may be offended, but so are gay people when Islam says they are wrong for something they have no control over. That's life brother.
Posted from TSR Mobile

what are you on about?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone is at least a little bit racist. Everyone.
Original post by thunder_chunky
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone is at least a little bit racist. Everyone.

To be fair, not liking the French is part of British DNA at this point.
That's not racism though. .
I love how it's fine to say that but replace the word "French" with "muslims" or "blacks" and it's suddenly a huge issue. So strange.

Quick Reply

Latest