The Student Room Group

When will this end?!

I've been infatuated to this girl I've hardly spoken to for the past 8-9 months. When will it stop?

I think about her every day and the first year of uni has ended so I don't see her until October. I feel like I'm in love with her, my life is incomplete without her and all that rubbish.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you haven't spoken to her much you're probably thinking she's amazing when in fact if you got to know her more you might find out she's a terrible person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by channies
If you haven't spoken to her much you're probably thinking she's amazing when in fact if you got to know her more you might find out she's a terrible person
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't get to know her more as the next time I'll see her is in October if she passes 1st year of uni.

What do I do till then?

Every time I try not to think about her, her image just comes up in my mind
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Vorsah
I can't get to know her more as the next time I'll see her is in October if she passes 1st year of uni.
What do I do till then?
Every time I try not to think about her, her image just comes up in my mind

Message her?
Reply 4
Is the only way to end infatuation is to talk I this girl?
One night stand with another girl. Meh.
Reply 6
Original post by Lyserg
Message her?

I've spoken to her once and that was 3 months ago, when she asked me for help. Why would I have her number?

I've seen her fb profile, but I don't know if I should add her I don't really add people that I don't talk.
Reply 7
Original post by inachigeek21
One night stand with another girl. Meh.

I not that type of guy.

But thanks for the input
Original post by Vorsah
I've been infatuated to this girl I've hardly spoken to for the past 8-9 months. When will it stop?

I think about her every day and the first year of uni has ended so I don't see her until October. I feel like I'm in love with her, my life is incomplete without her and all that rubbish.

8-9 months? That is nothing compared to the 7 years I have waited. What is wrong with me?
Reply 9
Original post by Vorsah
I've spoken to her once and that was 3 months ago, when she asked me for help. Why would I have her number?
I've seen her fb profile, but I don't know if I should add her I don't really add people that I don't talk.

I don't get you. You obviously like this girl, add her and be like 'what's up?' - life's too short to let pride get in the way.
Reply 10
Original post by Lyserg
I don't get you. You obviously like this girl, add her and be like 'what's up?' - life's too short to let pride get in the way.

After hardly talking to someone for 9 months, you want me to message them saying 'what's up?'. I would certainly find this weird if someone did that to me, unless they were an old friend.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
8-9 months? That is nothing compared to the 7 years I have waited. What is wrong with me?

How old are you?
Reply 12
1. talk to her. don't make excuses, if you're that keen you can message her on social media
2. wait for the infatuation to pass. move on
Original post by channies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a terrible person, I still love myself.
Original post by Vorsah

What did she ask for help with?
How long did you speak for at that time?
Reply 15
The unreachable fruit effect? Someone seems so great and amazing because you 're not able to get to them, who knows, maybe she's not as great as you imagine her to be [[from putting her on a pedestal, it won't really be her fault in the slightest]].

You've never talked to the girl, you don't really know her and you've got disney princess syndrome.

In the meantime, make some friends you like being around.
Reply 16
Original post by MNem
1. talk to her. don't make excuses, if you're that keen you can message her on social media
2. wait for the infatuation to pass. move on

Read post 11. I swear it's not an excuse.
Reply 17
Original post by TheWaffle
What did she ask for help with?
How long did you speak for at that time?

Some maths stuff, for 10 seconds.
Reply 18
Original post by Vorsah
Read post 11. I swear it's not an excuse.

why dont you just be half honest with her (leave out anything sounding obsessive)... its a bold move and may work. Alternatively u can go with the 'play it cool' and wait till october. At least if she rejects you you have months to lick your wounds.
Reply 19
I found out that she lives around 35 minutes away from me. We had to fill out forms at uni and we had to write our home and term time address and I ended up collecting the forms for my group.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending