The Student Room Group

Do you keep your window open at night?

During this weather, and if you do do you get loads of moths and Mosquitos coming in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yes, yolo.
No mosquito's in England lol
Not wide open, just slightly open as my room is cold all the time anyway for some reason. But once in a while a crane fly comes in to **** **** up
Yeah but only like 10cm to get a breeze in my face. Flies usually come in and wake me up at 5am buzzing in my ear which is a downside :frown:
Reply 5
I do it every night and then regret it when the whole of bugs life enters my room
I only open the window when the lights in my room are off and I'm ready to go to sleep. That way, I don't get many bugs in my room.
Reply 7
Mosquitos very rarely seem to bite me for some reason. I like to keep the windows open before I sleep to let some cold air in- a refreshing relief from the high temperatures.

Flies never seem to come through my windows at night, which is a good thing. Am I the only one?
Reply 8
I would but that's too risky, as soon as it hits 7/8, I close the windows
Yes, but I have blinds which shut to block out the dirty little bugs.
In the UK, I keep my windows open at night no matter what the weather (aside from torrential rain storms, or if it's absolutely freezing and the heating is on, but this is very rare, even in winter). I like the fresh air circulation :smile:

No problems with moths / mosquitos. They come in occasionally, but don't really bother me.

I guess you could put mosquito netting over the open window if they are a problem?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes though I end up regretting it once I'm forced to accommodate moths and various other flying insects in my bedroom
Reply 12
Original post by davidguettafan
During this weather, and if you do do you get loads of moths and Mosquitos coming in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah . I agree with it ,sometimes it happen.
Reply 13
Nah. My building is covered in spiders so my windows stay permanently closed. When it's reeaaally hot I prop my door open instead.
No way! I'm absolutely terrified that someone will climb up into my room :eek:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, don't need to. Air conditioning does the job very well.
Yes and I do get moths I'm a bit worried about them eating my clothes.
No, Dont wanna share a bed with Daddy Long Legs
No.
I don't wanna be raped in the night... you never know which random guy may have a random ladder! O_O!
Original post by davidguettafan

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm more worried about the town rapist getting in through my window.

Quick Reply