The Student Room Group

Met on TSR, speaking over Skype, slowly falling for him...

And I somewhat know it will not work out, which does of course irritate me.

How do I not fall for this man? I mean, my entire life I've never come across someone like him. It's extremely difficult.

The heart wants what it wants - either I find a way to suppress that love, or I'm sure it'll come to an end, bitterly, all too soon.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

How do I not fall for this man? I mean, my entire life I've never come across someone like him. It's extremely difficult.

The heart wants what it wants - either I find a way to suppress that love, or I'm sure it'll come to an end, bitterly, all too soon.

That's not a certainty :smile:

By the way you speak, I'm assuming any development would turn in to a long distance relationship?
Whilst these of course are traditionally thought to be largely unsuccessful, with modern technologies people are getting closer together even if they live far apart.

Trust, effort and attraction are the key components of a relationship like this, therefore if anything does happen to develop, it's imperative that you can both meet said requirements.

I cannot try to convince you that you don't like somebody. The mere fact you seem to want to desperately suppress your emotion speaks volumes about the way you feel for him.

All I'll say is that if he makes your day brighter by merely speaking to you, it's at least worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll pass.
Reply 3
Original post by Lúcio
That's not a certainty :smile:

By the way you speak, I'm assuming any development would turn in to a long distance relationship?
Whilst these of course are traditionally thought to be largely unsuccessful, with modern technologies people are getting closer together even if they live far apart.

Trust, effort and attraction are the key components of a relationship like this, therefore if anything does happen to develop, it's imperative that you can both meet said requirements.

I cannot try to convince you that you don't like somebody. The mere fact you seem to want to desperately suppress your emotion speaks volumes about the way you feel for him.

All I'll say is that if he makes your day brighter by merely speaking to you, it's at least worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Up to the hilt. Any development would equate to a LDR.

That's the thing - I don't know how he feels, and I can't risk the possibility of forsaking our friendship.
Reply 4
Original post by callum_law
It'll pass.

Hmm... Perhaps I need another few months to wait for it to just 'pass'. One can only hope.
And I somewhat know it will not work out, which does of course irritate me.How do I not fall for this man? I mean, my entire life I've never come across someone like him. It's extremely difficult.The heart wants what it wants - either I find a way to suppress that love, or I'm sure it'll come to an end, bitterly, all too soon.

Where is he from?

Why so pessimistic?
Reply 7
Up to the hilt. Any development would equate to a LDR.
That's the thing - I don't know how he feels, and I can't risk the possibility of forsaking our friendship.

sometimes the best relationships develop through a friendship.
nothing comes without risk, but it's up to you to decide if it would be worth it.

unfortunately, if you continue to communicate with him, you're only gonna fall for him more and more.
your options are to either take some time apart or to confess your feelings and see how he responds :smile:
If he lives far away, in a different city, then you need to nip this in the bud immediately! Just maintain a basic friendship, you two are just pen pals, nothing more, and that's how it will stay.
How long have you been talking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending