The Student Room Group

Ib may 2015 official results thread

Hey guys, I realized someone should start the forum. How are you guys feeling about results in less than 2 days

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
in denial
I find out tomorrow because the IB co-ordinators get the results a day before and mine said he would ring anyone who wanted to find out early. I'm pretty sure I made the offer or at most missed it by one point, but even aside from that I've given up worrying at this stage as there's nothing I can do about it now - just eager to get it over with at this stage :tongue:
well don't panic. i finished ib like 2 years ago and honestly it isn't as bad as people thought it would be (probably maybe because i got a 20% adjustment from having a 33-34 to a 38) anyways get some rest and gd luck! :cool: :cool:
Reply 4
I'm freaking out! Can't tell whether I have done well or not- I'm extremely bad at estimating my own academic abilities. Good luck everyone else, hope we all get what we need!
Original post by Kavoi08
I'm freaking out! Can't tell whether I have done well or not- I'm extremely bad at estimating my own academic abilities. Good luck everyone else, hope we all get what we need!

Same here. Very worried also considering I don't feel very confident about how some of the exams went.
Good luck to you too!
Do you need to meet any specific conditions for university?
Reply 6
Original post by jojoefghi
Same here. Very worried also considering I don't feel very confident about how some of the exams went.
Good luck to you too!
Do you need to meet any specific conditions for university?

I need 38 overall with 766 at HL to study Psychology at Bath. Really don't think I'm going to meet all of those conditions, considering how badly my Maths SL papers went. Hopefully I am wrong though haha
Reply 7
Hi, I'm an American student with IB offers in the UK!

I heard that universities receive A-level results a few days before English/Welsh/NI students receive their results themselves. Is that the same with IB results? Do they already have our gradesss?!?!

Also, before my last exam in May, I asked my DP coordinator as to whether I could call him up on the 5th to know my results........ He said no. Some people just don't like to be bothered. :smile: About 30% of our senior class has conditional UK offers (even though our school's in Washington, DC... go figure), so I understand how it might get annoying when dozens of students are calling him up and bothering him on his American independence day weekend!

Also, I've been on the IB Candidates Information System so many times I've muscle-memorized my username and PIN!

Yes, I'm crazy.
Original post by Kavoi08
I need 38 overall with 766 at HL to study Psychology at Bath. Really don't think I'm going to meet all of those conditions, considering how badly my Maths SL papers went. Hopefully I am wrong though haha

I also have a conditional offer for medicine and I'm worried about bio and chem HL.
Hopefully we are both able to meet them. Trying to be positive :biggrin:
Reply 9
Is it likely to receive the decision tomorrow night on track? Waiting until monday is nerve wracking!
What time do we receive our results??
Reply 11
Original post by NachoLibre
What time do we receive our results??

depends on ur location but most of em 12-2GMT
I need at least 32 for HKU BA and I'm freaking out.. So scared and nervous 😓
Gah I've been waiting for this thread lol

I need at least 38 for Warwick... Terrified as hell right now 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

The weird thing is, I told my IB coordinator that he'll get the results on 5th, i.e. today, and he just didn't listen and told everyone they will know their results on 6th only. And we are not given our passwords for the IB website, as our school is going to look up our results for us. Weird, isn't it?

As for me, I am scared as hell. I have a conditional offer (38, 666 HL - Oxford), however, I also have my personal expectations which I'd be very unhappy not to meet. But I was also feeling awful in last few days because of the fear, so I'm glad it is going to end soon (today or tomorrow).
I need 35 for HKUST and around the same for SMU singapore
Original post by narutouzu
I need 35 for HKUST and around the same for SMU singapore

Hey, I applied to SMU as well... Did you get a conditional offer for 35? I didn't get any offer because they said we will receive one after result day :/
I did not and they told me the same I assume yhey want 37 as thats my predicted. I dont think ill make it tho. Hopefully SMU accrpts like a 30 or 31 :tongue:
Original post by normandi
Hey, I applied to SMU as well... Did you get a conditional offer for 35? I didn't get any offer because they said we will receive one after result day :/
Reply 18
Good luck people!
Original post by normandi

Do you know how many days it will take after results are out for SMU to give us an answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply