The Student Room Group

Getting over the feeling of being unattractive

How to overcome this when you have been turned down more times than some TSR users' age? I know dating is a numbers game but there is only so many rejections one can take and it's making me feel really down now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
was it another white girl?
Reply 2
How many times are we talking here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Smurf
How to overcome this when you have been turned down more times than some TSR users' age? I know dating is a numbers game but there is only so many rejections one can take and it's making me feel really down now.

Eventually you get used to it and turn your time and money to more productive endeavours. It does help if like me for example you seek the occasional sexual experience over a relationship, the odds are definitely higher
Reply 4
Original post by Sannn

Maybe. :innocent: :erm:
Reply 5
Original post by Oscar.
How many times are we talking here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's just say way past the amount of rejections the average guy experiences before finding a girl who says yes.
Start lifting. You'll look better, more importantly your confidence will go up as you feel you look better. Confidence is attractive to girls. :yy:
Reply 7
How about try investing in yourself before anyone else? What do you do in your spare time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say just get used to it, but it's still a horrible feeling to think that every time someone looks at you they think you're ewwy, or when someone laughs in your presence it's because they think you look weird.
Hit the gym
Talk to all the girls you find attractive with the intension of being friends and once a friendship has developed ask them out.

Are you just straight out approaching girls and asking them out?
If yes that is a rookie mistake my friend
I'm quite young but I think I've just about overcome knowing that I'm unattractive and never will be seen the same way as most of my friends are. I used to spend hours alone in tears and left out at social gatherings because I was unattractive and not on 'their level', but actually now I think I was excluded mostly because I was negative and my views of myself was also visible on the outside.
For me, as much as I hate myself and I'll never get over that fact sadly, dwelling on the parts of myself that I kind of like is what has helped me. I absolutely love the German language, baking and writing- so these are the parts of myself that I improve every day to make me proud of myself and for me to learn to like myself. It's a hard feeling to overcome, but trust me it's possible! I've washed the "grow up, find a man, get married, blah blah blah" mindset majority of kids have been raised to have out of my head, and now I'm just focusing on getting my qualifications so I can get to uni and get a job.
Dwell on improving who you are as a person, not your looks. It's a slow process but jheez it's a major confidence booster once you start to get to the end! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Mr Smurf

Original post by Sannn

i was just gonna say that, omfg.
Original post by Maid Marian
I'd say just get used to it, but it's still a horrible feeling to think that every time someone looks at you they think you're ewwy, or when someone laughs in your presence it's because they think you look weird.

you sound like you speak from experience :console:
Just have to accept it. Do the best you can with what you have and realise that it's not a big deal. Tip: you can massively improve your image by carefully selecting your wardrobe and buying the right accessories, even if your face isn't attractive it can make a big difference. Get swagged up.
Reply 14
Original post by Maid Marian

At tye end of the day there will always be douchbags from a statistical point of view. We cant have a world full of pacifists and peace makers, thats not possible and frankly boring :P

Now most decent people will not judge you on your appearance in that manner, and the people who do have problems of their own to worry about.

Just ignore external influencea and develop yourself as a person. People will find your drive attractive over anything else.

Thats my way of thinking and hopefully one day my white knight will show up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I would love to see a pic of you and know your height. But once again you need to make up for your shortcomings in order to make yourself more attractive to girls.
Reply 16
Original post by maximum
I would love to see a pic of you and know your height. But once again you need to make up for your shortcomings in order to make yourself more attractive to girls.

6ft2
Reply 17
Original post by Yousf
6ft2

Why did you answer what I said, I'm obviously saying it to Mr smurf,.
Find something else that you enjoy to make you happy, take your mind of dating and improve your self-esteem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know how you feel especially if you like white girls but they never seem to be interested in oriental guys :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending