The Student Room Group

Do you delete friends on Facebook?

I just have. Mainly because only 9 people wished me happy birthday. I got rid of school friends who I have not seen in years. Now I realise how little friends I have

Scroll to see replies

Only if they've done something to seriously piss me off. I think the last person I deleted asked me something rather dodgy.

Did also delete someone who only ever contacted me when he wanted me to sign petitions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by matt1001
I just have. Mainly because only 9 people wished me happy birthday. I got rid of school friends who I have not seen in years. Now I realise how little friends I have

I delete the people I can't remember. If I can't remember who the person is, I delete him/her. Also sometimes when I get annoyed with their posts.
only have 8 friends on fb
Reply 4
No. Can't afford to have my friend count lower than it already is.
Yes.
Original post by gr8wizard10
only have 8 friends on fb

Anyway if I had the time to go thru over a thousand ppl, sure. I only block people who stand out to me as annoying and unfriend people who I know in real life who I don't want accessing my ****. If I feel shady about someone I decline their add. But that's when I'm fussed to even sign in and do ****.
I have 10. I removed everyone I didn't converse with, this included my family.
I don't have FB but did once when I started uni, and remember having about 20 people I don't know/hadn't talked to adding me for no reason. they clearly did it to increase numbers. Just proves my point that FB is simply a popularity test for many. I avoid it and phone/message people I'm friends with.
Reply 9
Only done it a couple of times and it was because I no longer wanted to be in contact with them. I don't add/accepted requests from randomers so never really had to do a cull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I have 10. I removed everyone I didn't converse with, this included my family.

I thought I remember you saying in another thread you have 12 friends? Do some of them not have Facebook then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidguettafan
I thought I remember you saying in another thread you have 12 friends? Do some of them not have Facebook then

Posted from TSR Mobile

My two remaining (special and so ver beautiful <3) friends do have it I believe but they don't use it much.
Don't use Facebook anymore so may as well have deleted everyone
Reply 13
I don't, as I barely use it. I still have friends from school on it. I'd only delete someone if they were spamming or did something really bad.
I deleted people that would post everything they're doing in their life every day or share things i didn't like or i just didn't really give a **** about so don't need to know about them on fb :")
Dont even have fb... never did, never will
Original post by MylittlePlusle
My two remaining (special and so ver beautiful <3) friends do have it I believe but they don't use it much.

:wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
@OP: I delete them on their Birthdays mostly

Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
are you a guy for real

He is special. Just leave him be.
Original post by DiceTheSlice
@OP: I delete them on their Birthdays mostly
He is special. Just leave him be.

delete my quote and urs
If someone posts stuff that annoys me I normally just hide them from my feed rather than remove them :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest