The Student Room Group

Religion broke us apart(Muslim an Christian)

Well I tried to go anonymous but can't do it on my fone? Well me and this girl we have been together for 6 months I think and she is absolutely amazing. I'm a Muslim, and well I try to be as Pracitcing as I can, like well I like to think I put my heart on my sleeve for my religion If that makes sense, and well she is a Christian(catholic) and it's the month of Ramadan and I know me beig with her was one thing I felt islamically wrong of but I loved her so much, and still do, I gave my heart for her, and we talked about our futures a lot we had soo much chemistry, like our life goals and want we want to do in life are siniliar, it hurts so much.....I tried to give dawah to her but if it didn't work what can I do, and I never ever made her feel uncomfortable about Islam or t wasn't uncomfortable at all, but I didn't force her to convert and she asked me an I didn't want to convert, so I had no choice...life's cruel, if anyone has been in the same position, haha I feel that pain, comment below if you have....we had everything and our future looked bright...religion tore us apart...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And this is exactly the problem with religion, it expects conversion. IMO If you want to be with someone, you should, no matter what religion says.
If I had been that woman, I would never have gone out with you. I would never go out with a Muslim.
Reply 3
Original post by Olivia9
And this is exactly the problem with religion, it expects conversion. IMO If you want to be with someone, you should, no matter what religion says.

Yh I get what you mean, but if you are attached to your religion, it's kinda hard, it's hurts a lot...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Lifeislong
Yh I get what you mean, but if you are attached to your religion, it's kinda hard, it's hurts a lot...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really a religious person, but I get what you mean.
Ahh i get you... i know how hard it can be choosing between religion and love.. its not nice but you should do what makes you happy or just simply try and explain to her how things work in Islam and if she doesn't approve with the whole idea, id just leave it if i were you... if she really loved you shed understand that faith comes with life.... just keeping making dua and im sure things will fit into place! Btw what race are you?
Reply 6
Why not both convert to Scientology, I heard is really good.
Reply 7
Original post by Cakeyygirl
Ahh i get you... i know how hard it can be choosing between religion and love.. its not nice but you should do what makes you happy or just simply try and explain to her how things work in Islam and if she doesn't approve with the whole idea, id just leave it if i were you... if she really loved you shed understand that faith comes with life.... just keeping making dua and im sure things will fit into place! Btw what race are you?

Cheers for that, and yh she is totally understanding like she is really cool about it and understands Islam and I told her an yh but this is the women I wanted to actually be with so much but yh this Ramadan we have hardly talked only before sehri that's it and yh but yh I'm Bengali and she's Indian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Maker
Why not both convert to Scientology, I heard is really good.

O really tell me more I'm dying to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lifeislong
O really tell me more I'm dying to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Send my £100 and I will tell you.
Reply 10
She is not halal to you. So get over it.
Reply 11
Original post by Maker
Send my £100 and I will tell you.

Send me your card details, I'm jumping fr joy at how cheap it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
You never know what the future can bring. If Allah wants to bring you together then He will inshallah.
Just remember to keep making dua if you feel helpless because he is listening. Always.
Proves my point that religion only serves to create divides. That we haven't left behind this ridiculous practice of worshipping a non-existent deity and believing (without doubt) the words of sexist, homophobic, misogynist and hateful people from 2 thousands years ago demonstrates that we are not as advanced as we would like to think we are.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Mary562

Apologies if I am not as strong as you sister

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Dictator
If I had been that woman, I would never have gone out with you. I would never go out with a Muslim.

Careful, you'll be accused of racism by some people soon.
Original post by Mary562

Why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KöniginderSchnee
Careful, you'll be accused of racism by some people soon.

Yep. :P
Reply 18
Original post by KöniginderSchnee
Proves my point that religion only serves to create divides. That we haven't left behind this ridiculous practice of worshipping a non-existent deity and believing (without doubt) the words of sexist, homophobic, misogynist and hateful people from 2 thousands years ago demonstrates that we are not as advanced as we would like to think we are.

Sexist, homophobic and hateful?! I take it you must be an atheist. Yet our religion represents peace yet you attacked my religion?! Abit hypocritical calling my religion hateful when your spewing crap over Islam which you have done no research on(and when I mean research not on google, from the quran itself and taking the CONTEXT an the history) it's Ramadan relax on your hatred for Islam....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Here is a solution. Why don't both of you stop following ridiculous rules and stop believing in fairy tales just because other humans have told you these fairy tales are true. Then start researching and believing in facts over fiction and then you are free to live like normal human beings in a fulfilled life unhindered by dumb ass guidelines that are only in place as a controlling mechanism. Alternatively if you think you need those guidelines to act like a decent human then you have problems and should carry on following them whist good people like me live a free and fulfilled life untill that life is given back to earth.

Quick Reply