The Student Room Group

Womanising?

How do I make sure that I don't become a womaniser. My older brother is a serial womaniser and has cheated on pretty much all of his girlfriends. In fact he is cheating on his current girlfriend. How do I make sure that I don't become a womaniser and that I treat women with the love and care that they deserve.

Scroll to see replies

Why are you trying to avoid becoming a womaniser? It's a good thing, you should embrace it. Become like Charlie Harper. Your brother isn't doing anything wrong or bad. It's not considered cheating if you're not married, just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you can't have sex with other women. If she doesn't like it or accept it then break up, very simple. You can still treat them well at the same time, it's fine.
Reply 2
Original post by RobVanDamn
How do I make sure that I don't become a womaniser. My older brother is a serial womaniser and has cheated on pretty much all of his girlfriends. In fact he is cheating on his current girlfriend. How do I make sure that I don't become a womaniser and that I treat women with the love and care that they deserve.

Nothing wrong with being a man slag
Original post by Liquid Harvest
Why are you trying to avoid becoming a womaniser? It's a good thing, you should embrace it. Become like Charlie Harper. Your brother isn't doing anything wrong or bad. It's not considered cheating if you're not married, just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you can't have sex with other women. If she doesn't like it or accept it then break up, very simple. You can still treat them well at the same time, it's fine.

So a woman wearing a figure-hugging top but not showing much skin is terrible but cheating on your girlfriend is brilliant? You talk about women having no respect for themselves but I've yet to see any evidence you have any respect for women.
Reply 4
You make 'womanizing' sound so easy.

It isn't, bro.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
So a woman wearing a figure-hugging top but not showing much skin is terrible but cheating on your girlfriend is brilliant? You talk about women having no respect for themselves but I've yet to see any evidence you have any respect for women.

I don't feel that's relevant to this thread. I didn't say cheating is brilliant. It's not even considered cheating. Unfortunately most girls make a HUGE deal out of this and act like it's the end of their world if their man has sex with another woman. The only situation in which a man must remain loyal to one woman is if they're married, otherwise there are no rules and there is no such thing as cheating. It's just sex. Plus, it's impossible for a man to be satisfied by just one woman, it's only natural that he'll seek out other women regardless of his relationship status.

And I treat almost all women with respect, but I have no respect for most of them. But again, this is irrelevant here.
Have you tried self-control? It works for most of us.

Do you mean like open relationships or do you think actual cheating is ok. Just curious as most people think cheating is not ok. Like would you be ok with your girlfriend going with other men either telling you or without telling you.
I don't feel that's relevant to this thread. I didn't say cheating is brilliant. It's not even considered cheating. Unfortunately most girls make a HUGE deal out of this and act like it's the end of their world if their man has sex with another woman. The only situation in which a man must remain loyal to one woman is if they're married, otherwise there are no rules and there is no such thing as cheating. It's just sex. Plus, it's impossible for a man to be satisfied by just one woman, it's only natural that he'll seek out other women regardless of his relationship status.

And I treat almost all women with respect, but I have no respect for most of them. But again, this is irrelevant here.

If you agree to be in an exclusive relationship with someone then having sex with someone else is most definitely cheating. Not only is it a huge betrayal of trust but it puts your girlfriend's physical health at risk.
If you agree to be in an exclusive relationship with someone then having sex with someone else is most definitely cheating. Not only is it a huge betrayal of trust but it puts your girlfriend's physical health at risk.

This is the main reason I insist on condoms even in relationships you can never be sure they are not going with other women.
Original post by Redfrost
Do you mean like open relationships or do you think actual cheating is ok. Just curious as most people think cheating is not ok. Like would you be ok with your girlfriend going with other men either telling you or without telling you.

As far as I'm concerned, ALL extramarital relations are, by definition, open. If you don't want to be cheated on, then get married. Otherwise, there are no rules to say who you can and can't have sex with. Again, unless you are married. It's the norm, everyone does it. It just surprises me how shocked and upset people get over it. And if the girl or man doesn't like it - break up! That's the beauty of relationships, unlike marriage, they're so fluid and dynamic, there are no commitments or rules, no boundaries or requirements. Anything goes.

And my ex girlfriend did exactly that, she was having sex with half a dozen other men. Was I shocked or surprised? Absolutely not (was a little annoyed that she kept denying it after getting caught red handed lol). Because I did the same thing as well and will continue to do the same in any future relationship. It's really not a big deal. People always have the option to break up if they don't like it. There's no way I'm going to stay loyal to just one woman, unless she was Kate Beckinsale when she was in her 20s lol.
how is "womanising" antithetical to treating women with love and respect?

Such nonsense. There is no contract or formal agreement. It's not a marriage, it's a relationship and all relationships outside of marriage are strictly open.

Huge betrayal of trust? That's a bit over the top. You talk as if someone has stolen money from another person or committed a terrible crime against them. It's just sex, how on earth does trust factor into this discussion?

It doesn't put your girlfriend's physical health at risk if you stay protected.
Such nonsense. There is no contract or formal agreement. It's not a marriage, it's a relationship and all relationships outside of marriage are strictly open.

Huge betrayal of trust? That's a bit over the top. You talk as if someone has stolen money from another person or committed a terrible crime against them. It's just sex, how on earth does trust factor into this discussion?

I think people get upset more due to personal feelings for the person rather than it being right/wrong since it's not actually wrong by law but then by law neither is it really unlawful in marriage due to freedom rights these days marriage is just a piece of paper. Protection does help to an extent but things like genital herpes and hpv (cervical cancer) are easily caught with condoms, it's the women who has to worry about cervical cancer though I guess most men don't care. It's also easier for a woman to catch these off a man than vica versa (according to lasted evidence anyway).

I can see your point of view from the free will aspect but the main problem I can see with sleeping around when in a relationship you are really putting someone else's health at risk.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Redfrost
I think people get upset more due to personal feelings for the person rather than it being right/wrong since it's not actually wrong by law but then by law neither is it really unlawful in marriage due to freedom rights these days marriage is just a piece of paper. Protection does help to an extent but things like genital herpes and hpv (cervical cancer) are easily caught with condoms, it's the women who has to worry about cervical cancer though I guess most men don't care. It's also easier for a woman to catch these off a man than vica versa (according to lasted evidence anyway).

I can see your point of view from the free will aspect but the main problem I can see with sleeping around when in a relationship you are really putting someone else's health at risk.

Since you put it like that, the physical health aspect makes more sense now. It's definitely something to be worried about. Scary stuff.

Now, getting upset because of your personal feelings toward the other person...how does sex factor into this? I think the only thing that really hurts is if someone mistreats you, says bad things to you, doesn't love you, doesn't care about you, doesn't want to be with you, doesn't make you happy...but how does having sex with another woman make the girlfriend upset? It's between him and that other woman, it's separate from the relationship and it doesn't affect anything between him and his girlfriend as long as he's still taking care of her and being good to her. I don't understand why that's not enough for most people.

I was sort of seeing someone a while ago and the first thing I said when we decided it would be more than a one-time thing was 'it has to be exclusive'. That is a deal breaker for me. If someone says a relationship has to be exclusive for them then end it if you can't commit. If you want to have sex with different people either stay single or agree on an open relationship, don't say yes to anexclusive relationship when you don't intend to keep it that way.
Since you put it like that, the physical health aspect makes more sense now. It's definitely something to be worried about. Scary stuff.

Now, getting upset because of your personal feelings toward the other person...how does sex factor into this? I think the only thing that really hurts is if someone mistreats you, says bad things to you, doesn't love you, doesn't care about you, doesn't want to be with you, doesn't make you happy...but how does having sex with another woman make the girlfriend upset? It's between him and that other woman, it's separate from the relationship and it doesn't affect anything between him and his girlfriend as long as he's still taking care of her and being good to her. I don't understand why that's not enough for most people.

I think physical health is enough of a reason as it's not fair if one person is always sleeping around and exposing their non cheating partner to viruses/disease without them knowing.

From a moral standpoint basically in a relationship you are investing your time and energy into it. If who you are with is sleeping around with others it means firstly they are not investing as much time into your relationship as they could. Also they risk developing feelings for those they are sleeping with which makes them more likely to be attracted to others/break up with you. After investing a lot into a relationship, which people do, why should the person have increased constant worry that their sleeping around/cheating partner is building up affection for someone else after the hard work put into the relationship.
Just **** everyone.
Condoms are mostly used by people who are uncommited and insecure.m
Original post by ForeverHopefully
Condoms are mostly used by people who are uncommited and insecure.m

or don't want to get pregnant

Quick Reply

Latest