The Student Room Group

Worst Friend Ever Award

Who would you gladly give the title of 'Worst Friend Ever' to and explain your reasons?

Mine is a girl that used to be my friend. I started to notice that she would belittle me for fun and had to one-up me. She was arrogant. Now I don't talk to her! :smile:
She definitely wins the award!
Perhaps Me? I lose interest and move along quickly. Either you keep up, or you're interesting enough for me to want to keep up. Even so; I still value friendships very highly. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
All my friends left me to hang around with the people who were bullying at school. :bigsmile::crown::cry2:
Somebody I used to be friends with who turned into an arrogant, cruel, little cow despite me supporting her for over year when she became seriously ill and when I became ill she didn't want to know and spent months writing nasty stuff about me online lol wooo, die. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Someone I used to be friends with.

We'd agree a time to meet up. He'd either be stupidly early (I'm talking 20 minutes early or so) and whinge because I kept him waiting :rolleyes: or be stupidly late and come up with some lame excuse.

He appeared to have this inability to listen. I remember twice him saying he'll pick me up for something amd me saying both times I won't be there. He then both times said again he'll pick me up. :s-smilie: He was told yet again I wouldn't be there.

It was ok for him to take 4 days to reply to a text he quite clearly hadn't read (me: "I won't be there". him: "ok see you Monday") but not for me to take 3 hours. Sorry for not being surgically glued to my phone.

He wanted a relationship. I didn't. He was quite clearly desparate. I worked out he had a girlfriend. After telling him no, he wouldn't leave me alone and wouldn't stop pestering me to meet up with him for lunch.

After 2 years, I got fed up of his poor time keeping and the lame excuses. I decided enough was enough and broke off the friendship.
Reply 5
A guy I was best friends with for about 6 years.

I never knew he had feelings for me and when I started to get with my current partner years ago, he became very controlling and a down right prick tbh. It all came to a head when he found out I lost my virginity to my partner and he flipped. He grabbed me by the throat and slapped me and called me every name under the sun.

That was about 6 years ago and we haven't spoken since. Can't believe the nerve of him.
Reply 6
Oh wow! I feel like my worst friend pales in comparison to some of the ones on here.
Not sure if that is a good thing though lol :biggrin:
This one girl I used to speak to. She gets this award because she wasn't available to talk to most of the time, worst friend ever lol.
Me lol. I care a lot about my friends but appear so distant from them. I'm still working on that :smile:
Reply 9
Me.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Perhaps Me? I lose interest and move along quickly. Either you keep up, or you're interesting enough for me to want to keep up. Even so; I still value friendships very highly. :smile:

You sound like a prick, personally.
Original post by lustawny
You sound like a prick, personally.

Judging by just those sentences alone - I'd say you're within some reason to come to that conclusion but is that all there is to judge by? :dry:
(edited 8 years ago)
You see when you've never had a friend you don't have problems with good or bad friends so I'm sitting here all smug cos i've never had a worst friend. :woo:
Why are some people putting themselves down as the worst friend ever?
Like do you deliberately be mean or what?

Quick Reply

Latest