The Student Room Group

PREDICT! GCSE Maths grade boundries (EDEXCEL)

What marks do you think will roughly be a A*, A, B and C????

Scroll to see replies

A* - 81%
a - 65%
b - 45%
c - 29%
Original post by chocolate1250
what marks do you think will roughly be a a*, a, b and c????

a* - 159
a - 130
b - 88
c - 52
Original post by ActuallyIDo
a* - 159
a - 130
b - 88
c - 52

:ditto:
Hopefully that is correct, what grades are you aiming for?

I just really want a B so hopefully the marks are 88-90 for it
And the paper was very hard.
It think they'll drop by around 10 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do we find out about the actual grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one who found the second paper more difficult than the first one? Sure, the first one had that sweet question (which I got half right), but the rest of the questions were quite easy and predictable. The second paper contained the more unique questions. To be fair, it did contain a lot of trigonometry, which I'm terrible at.
Original post by cathartic
When do we find out about the actual grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

19th August -- the day before results day.
I personally found the second paper easier, it may be because of the ways the question was asked and was just more understandable. Also I was quite nervous doing the first paper and that caused my mind to kind of blank out :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by ActuallyIDo
a* - 159
a - 130
b - 88
c - 52

pray
the papers were easy, A*-182
A-167

B-140

C- I dont care
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Am I the only one who found the second paper more difficult than the first one? Sure, the first one had that sweet question (which I got half right), but the rest of the questions were quite easy and predictable. The second paper contained the more unique questions. To be fair, it did contain a lot of trigonometry, which I'm terrible at.

I felt the same way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shwansalah
A-167

B-140

C- I dont care

That's great that you found it easy but a majority did find it difficult.
Those marks are way too high, I think for a B the max would be 100, no more.
Original post by cathartic
It think they'll drop by around 10 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed
guys come on,, they were not bloody hard, I will bet you my life the grade boundaries will be practically the same. Sure there were a couple "hard" questions on each paper, but other than that , the REST of the questions were easy as piss
(edited 8 years ago)
guys come on,, they were not bloody hard, I will bet you my life the grade boundaries will be practically the same. Sure there were a couple "hard" questions on each paper, but other than that , the REST of the questions were easy as piss

Speak for yourself. Even the elitists of TSR, you know, the ones who revise 25 hours a day and get 15 A*s admit that this was much more difficult that the past papers. There were news articles regarding its difficulty.
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Speak for yourself. Even the elitists of TSR, you know, the ones who revise 25 hours a day and get 15 A*s admit that this was much more difficult that the past papers. There were news articles regarding its difficulty.

Exactly, there were articles about this on BBC news and not to mention that social media started blowing up with many students who sat the exam expressing their frustrations about how they found it difficult.
A-167
B-140
C- I dont care

182 for an A*? You do realise that that'd over 90% raw marks?

I think it'll be 165<x<170, taking into account the number of raw marks needed for an A* in the past five-or-so years.
Original post by Chocolate1250
Exactly, there were articles about this on BBC news and not to mention that social media started blowing up with many students who sat the exam expressing their frustrations about how they found it difficult.

I think the vast majority of those complaining simply weren't prepared enough for their maths exams. They just used the Hannah's sweet question as a scapegoat, which, might I add, wasn't that tricky, in order to create memes on Twitter and come up with an excuse as to why their grade will be so bad.

Quick Reply

Latest