The Student Room Group

lied about my age to be with her?

i met a girl a couple of months back and we really hit it off. i'm normally very shy around girls, but she's different. makes me feel confident, attractive and alive.

the thing is, she assumed i was 18 because i've just finished year 13. well, i was actually moved up a year a while back and my birthday isn't until the end of august. so i'm 16. and she's 22. i didn't exactly lie about my age...just didn';t correct her. okay, that's basically lying, but you have no idea how smitten i am with her.

we haven't slept together yet. i've told her it's because im a virgin and am saving myself, which isn't true, i just can't sleep with her knowing the age difference. it's not illegal, i know, but some would see it as wrong, and probably she would too. but the other day, she told me she was in love with me. and i said it back.so its too late to break it off with no reason.

what do i do? obviously i tell her the truth - the lies are spiralling out of control - but do i break up with her? is it so strange for a 22 year old to be with a 16...nearly 17 year old? she's all i can think about.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i met a girl a couple of months back and we really hit it off. i'm normally very shy around girls, but she's different. makes me feel confident, attractive and alive.

the thing is, she assumed i was 18 because i've just finished year 13. well, i was actually moved up a year a while back and my birthday isn't until the end of august. so i'm 16. and she's 22. i didn't exactly lie about my age...just didn';t correct her. okay, that's basically lying, but you have no idea how smitten i am with her.

we haven't slept together yet. i've told her it's because im a virgin and am saving myself, which isn't true, i just can't sleep with her knowing the age difference. it's not illegal, i know, but some would see it as wrong, and probably she would too. but the other day, she told me she was in love with me. and i said it back.so its too late to break it off with no reason.

what do i do? obviously i tell her the truth - the lies are spiralling out of control - but do i break up with her? is it so strange for a 22 year old to be with a 16...nearly 17 year old? she's all i can think about.

I think you need to tell her. I know that you are worried about the repercussions of doing so but it is only going to get worse the longer that you leave it. If you are nearly 17 she might be ok with it but really she needs to enter into this relationship with her eyes open.
Original post by Anonymous

Mate, you should've seen the online relationship I had with a welsh girl when I was 15. She was near 20, and our messaging...:eek:

I still miss her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You tell could tell her that you... omitted some information.

It's nicer to tell her truth than to let the... Omission become out of hand when you're asked for ID somewhere. :flower2:

I think that little white lies are actually okay here and there but this isn't a white lie. Letting her continue think you're 18 is actually a bit of a porky pie :naughty:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending