The Student Room Group

3 or 4 a levels

Should I do 4 or 3 a levels?
We can't drop them anymore so I need to think carefully. I need to do maths and physics as i want to be an engineer. I don't know if I should take 3 maths physics and rm or 4 adding English lit. I don't know how hard I will find maths (I'm predicted a b for GCSE) and I need an A or A* at a level. I don't know if I should take 3 of 4 because I've been told that even if I take 3 my extra time will be filled with other lessons which makes me think i shoul do 4. Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Daniella1997
Should I do 4 or 3 a levels?
We can't drop them anymore so I need to think carefully. I need to do maths and physics as i want to be an engineer. I don't know if I should take 3 maths physics and rm or 4 adding English lit. I don't know how hard I will find maths (I'm predicted a b for GCSE) and I need an A or A* at a level. I don't know if I should take 3 of 4 because I've been told that even if I take 3 my extra time will be filled with other lessons which makes me think i shoul do 4. Any ideas?

By RM I'm guessing Resistant Materials?(best subject ever btw) I'm pretty sure similar to product design it's non linear so you could drop it. Wish i could do RM A level but my college only offer PD :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Why is it you cant drop a subject?.. I'm sure you can, even with the changing A-levels.

We have been told once you take it at as you must carry on with it until year 13. They have changed so all exams are done at the end of year 13 no more as, only full a levels. That's why I don't know if I should do 3 a levels and focus on the giving maths it's really hard and I need an A or A* or do 4.
Reply 3
Original post by Daniella1997
We have been told once you take it at as you must carry on with it until year 13. They have changed so all exams are done at the end of year 13 no more as, only full a levels. That's why I don't know if I should do 3 a levels and focus on the giving maths it's really hard and I need an A or A* or do 4.

Design tech doesn't reform until 2017 so you do an exam at the end of year 12 and 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest