The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

BA Management, Leadership and Leisure anyone?

Heya!

Just trying to look for anyone doing BA Management, Leadership and Leisure this coming September.
I just got firmed and heard that there's only a selective amount of students on this course (not more than 70-75?) so I'm just trying my luck here. :smile:
Original post by idekwhattouse
Heya!

Just trying to look for anyone doing BA Management, Leadership and Leisure this coming September.
I just got firmed and heard that there's only a selective amount of students on this course (not more than 70-75?) so I'm just trying my luck here. :smile:

There are, according to this, 50 places available per year. http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2015/10063/management-leadership-and-leisure-3-years-ba/ but you will share modules with people from other courses in MBS and SEED.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Heya!

I'm doing Management, Leadership & Leisure!
Nice to finally hear of someone else on my course :biggrin:
Original post by Origami Bullets
There are, according to this, 50 places available per year. http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2015/10063/management-leadership-and-leisure-3-years-ba/ but you will share modules with people from other courses in MBS and SEED.

Haha, yeah. That's what I was told when I was speaking with the admissions tutor. I think it was something along the lines of we have the option to take modules from SEED or MBS. :smile:
Original post by missedinburgh
I'm doing Management, Leadership & Leisure!
Nice to finally hear of someone else on my course :biggrin:

Hiya! Where are you from?/Have you found anyone else on our course so far?
It's quite a small amount of students compared to the MBS Management courses so I figured it might be a bit more difficult finding other people, heh.
Nonetheless, nice to have found someone else! :biggrin:
Hiya! Where are you from?/Have you found anyone else on our course so far?
It's quite a small amount of students compared to the MBS Management courses so I figured it might be a bit more difficult finding other people, heh.
Nonetheless, nice to have found someone else! :biggrin:

Hey! I haven't seen anyone say they're on the same course but hopefully they'll turn up soon enough. Maybe you could send me your facebook name through private message and we could chat over there rather than here? :smile:
Hi
My sister is starting this course in September but she's confused about the start date. The UCAS confirmation letter says 13 Sept but Freshers Week seems to be 20 Sept?
Original post by Yllasjarvi
Hi
My sister is starting this course in September but she's confused about the start date. The UCAS confirmation letter says 13 Sept but Freshers Week seems to be 20 Sept?

Don't pay too much attention to what UCAS says. Unless she's told otherwise, she'll need to arrive by the 21st for Welcome Week and then lectures will start a week later on the 28th.
Original post by Yllasjarvi
Hi

-yeah you can move into uni accommodation from the 17th and then Freshers Week/Welcome Week starts with Monday the 21st. Actual classes don't start until the 28th though just like the previous post said
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Ive been offered a place on this place through adjustment.. I really wanted to study at uni of Manchester and this is the only Management course they had left! it's either this or study law at university of Leicester but I already live here and hate the place! What made you guys passionate about this course? I like how it's combined with sociology, psychology and HR but not actually sure about the tourism and leisure part..
Original post by aabbxo
Ive been offered a place on this place through adjustment.. I really wanted to study at uni of Manchester and this is the only Management course they had left! it's either this or study law at university of Leicester but I already live here and hate the place! What made you guys passionate about this course? I like how it's combined with sociology, psychology and HR but not actually sure about the tourism and leisure part..

We don't live far from Manchester and at first my sister (she's not on Student Room yet) didn't want to go to Manchester because it's our local uni plus she felt it was too close to home but she wanted to do Business or Management and got offers from Nottingham/Sheffield/ Liverpool. When she went to the open days, the other courses seemed too mathsy for her - she hates maths and struggled with some of the Bus Studies A level papers for that reason- but she really liked the sound of the Manchester course plus apparently you can take modules from other departments.eg languages. Also what she likes is that there is some kind of course work assessment it's not all down to final exams plus you get work experience during the 3 years which might help with a job at the end. In the end all of this outweighed not wanting to go to Manchester. Hope this helps !
Reply 11
What grades were you offered?
Reply 12
Anyone studied this course I need your help :smile:With what grades did you enterDoes Class being small have a negative effectWhat can you say about your general experience

Quick Reply

Latest