The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

has anyone received a letter from Oxford? and if so, which address was it sent to: the postal one or the home address?
Results enquiry came back, results stayed exactly the same.
Original post by ilovecake123
thanks they replied telling me that i was above average for GCSEs. it was nice to know that i was just outside the top 750 applicants so i know I'm not completely rubbish lol

That's great! So will you reapply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by futuremedx

There goes £35

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a reply from them. They were fairly speedy, and confirmed it was indeed my age that affected their decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anishkulkarni98
That's great! So will you reapply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dunno, have to see if i get any interviews this year lol
Original post by ilovecake123
i dunno, have to see if i get any interviews this year lol

Same here but idk my bmat was **** ( not s3😊)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehtarik
Got a reply from them. They were fairly speedy, and confirmed it was indeed my age that affected their decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool! You can reapply again with no loss. But if I reapply, I will be behind my classmates and Indians don't believe much in gap year lol. Probably I would be mistaken as a dumb person good for nothing if that happens😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's cool! You can reapply again with no loss. But if I reapply, I will be behind my classmates and Indians don't believe much in gap year lol. Probably I would be mistaken as a dumb person good for nothing if that happens😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

With medicine though it's different because it's really competitive so you shouldn't worry about taking a gap year even if you're Indian, I'm Indian and I've had to reapply lol. But I know what you mean, us Asians are very competitive lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tehtarik

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you ask at what age they'd be willing to take you?
Reply 4370
Original post by Beenieeee
I got an interview with a pretty average BMAT score, but it clashes with King's and I'd choose King's over Oxford but idk if they'll be cool rearranging it :frown:
(Oxford won't rearrange)

I'm at St Hilda's on Monday
And St John's on Tuesday (my choice)

I'm also at St Hilda's but on Sunday, then St Anne's on Monday
Univ on Sunday, Christ Church on Monday for me
Original post by lamis.97
I'm also at St Hilda's but on Sunday, then St Anne's on Monday

Oh man! Idk if we'll cross paths but I might stay the night before. Have they emailed you directly yet?
Original post by RDB1826
With medicine though it's different because it's really competitive so you shouldn't worry about taking a gap year even if you're Indian, I'm Indian and I've had to reapply lol. But I know what you mean, us Asians are very competitive lol

So how did reapplication go? And yes we are competitive! Population makes us😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
So how did reapplication go? And yes we are competitive! Population makes us😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than last time, I've got more interviews than last year so it's an improvement at least!
Reply 4375
Original post by futuremedx

When did you send the enquiry? What day?
Reply 4376
Original post by Beenieeee
Oh man! Idk if we'll cross paths but I might stay the night before. Have they emailed you directly yet?

What a shame :frown: nope they still haven't emailed the formal invitation yet, so I'm a tad lost about how the process is going to be like. You?
Reply 4377
Still havent recieved a reply for my enquiry?! I sent it last Thursday/Friday
Anyone applied to Brighton or Leeds? Still not heard yet. Apparently Brighton's cut off was 15 last year??
Original post by AshJade
Anyone applied to Brighton or Leeds? Still not heard yet. Apparently Brighton's cut off was 15 last year??

I have a friend who applied to Leeds. He hasn't heard back either so just wait for it. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending