The Student Room Group

Would you date me? (guys)

Assuming you're attracted to me or I meet your minimum standards.

- slim but curvy - goes to the gym but can eat an entire pizza to myself no problem
- in good health, doesn't smoke or drink alcohol
- likes spontaneously buying gifts and treating boyfriend
- close with family
- up for adventure
- doesn't expect you to pay for everything, and will happily pay for a night out
- prefers romantic meals to a night partying
- shows and interest in boyfriend's hobbies/interests (and is happy to be involved)
- can hold an intelligent conversation (educated)

After a break-up I feel undate-able. My ex didn't seem to appreciate qualities which I thought were good about myself (like treating him or paying for his things). What would make me a better girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

probably not
Reply 2
Don't tailor your attributes to anyone, just be yourself & be attractive because of it.
Of course, even if you just had a good sense of humour and knew how to act mature.
apart from the no drinking and smoking you seem ideal.
Reply 5
You sound perfect.

:love:

Original post by cambio wechsel

Smoking is very unattractive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6

Why is that? (apart from no drinking and smoking)
Original post by Anonymous
Assuming you're attracted to me or I meet your minimum standards.

- slim but curvy - goes to the gym but can eat an entire pizza to myself no problem
- in good health, doesn't smoke or drink alcohol
- likes spontaneously buying gifts and treating boyfriend
- close with family
- up for adventure
- doesn't expect you to pay for everything, and will happily pay for a night out
- prefers romantic meals to a night partying
- shows and interest in boyfriend's hobbies/interests (and is happy to be involved)
- can hold an intelligent conversation (educated)

After a break-up I feel undate-able. My ex didn't seem to appreciate qualities which I thought were good about myself (like treating him or paying for his things). What would make me a better girlfriend?

From what I've read you seem like the perfect woman, as long as you don't mind being treated as well...

Get back out there. Your ex doesn't sound like the sort of person who would know a good woman.
(edited 8 years ago)
Of everything you said is really you then you're a perfect girl! Don't change yourself for someone else.

So yep, I would date you

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, you sound great. Don't bother changing yourself for someone, you will find someone who appreciates your qualities as they areare

Hit me up gurl :perv: (sorry, couldn't resist)
(edited 8 years ago)
yes
Original post by $100Bill
Smoking is very unattractive.

but not to me, and this not least because I smoke.

fair enough :smile:

Girls with a smoking habit turn ugly real soon. Good luck with the women of your choice...
No... for obvious reasons :giggle:! But you sound really great and any man would be lucky to have you so get out there, be firm, and be you!
Yep
You sound great to me.
Everyone has things they can improve on, it doesn't look like you have listed your negative attributes. Try writing them down and you'll find what you need to work on? i'm sure there were things your ex didn't like regarding the relationship.

otherwise the above sounds close to perfect!
Original post by Yellow Sonic
Everyone has things they can improve on, it doesn't look like you have listed your negative attributes. Try writing them down and you'll find what you need to work on? i'm sure there were things your ex didn't like regarding the relationship.
otherwise the above sounds close to perfect!

I know what I need to work on and I'm working on it, that's why I didn't post it. I guess I should have said that :redface:

I'm trying to improve myself not just for others but for my own mental well-being :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Assuming you're attracted to me or I meet your minimum standards.- slim but curvy - goes to the gym but can eat an entire pizza to myself no problem- in good health, doesn't smoke or drink alcohol- likes spontaneously buying gifts and treating boyfriend- close with family- up for adventure- doesn't expect you to pay for everything, and will happily pay for a night out- prefers romantic meals to a night partying- shows and interest in boyfriend's hobbies/interests (and is happy to be involved)- can hold an intelligent conversation (educated)After a break-up I feel undate-able. My ex didn't seem to appreciate qualities which I thought were good about myself (like treating him or paying for his things). What would make me a better girlfriend?

A good idea to go anonymous, or there would be several guys stalking you right now :wink:

Don't change anything about yourself though! You sound amazing as you are. I can understand that your ex- may have been a little uncomfortable about your 'pampering' - to him it may have felt like you were trying to get something from him, or maybe just embarrassed that you were getting more for him than the opposite. I don't know the whole story so I won't make too many assumptions, but if he doesn't appreciate the qualities you have, then he ain't the right guy.

TL;DR - Stay yourself, most guys would love you for who you really are :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending