The Student Room Group

feeling down

hey everyone!

i've been feeling down recently because girls dont take me seriously anymore.

i have a good group of friends and loads of female friends. i make most of these girls laugh and some say im very funny and have a nice personality which is a nice compliment :colondollar:

but when i stop messaging them for a day or so they dont seem to message back with anything. Which is very annoying since I always am the first to talk. Nearly all of these girls tend to put me in the friendzone very quickly. I had this girl recently call me a bro :colonhash: and another a sibling...:s-smilie:. I suggested going out for a walk in a park or to catch up for lunch but they always seem very busy. To date i only met one of them and no progress has been made since.

I feel like giving up.

Scroll to see replies

are you a guy wanting a girlfriend i take it? in that case, you should be really happy that you can make girls laugh and that you have a circle of girl friends because many guys are loners with girls and you seem to have already gotten an edge. Someone can find you - you don't have to keep trying to find them.
Reply 2
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
are you a guy wanting a girlfriend i take it? in that case, you should be really happy that you can make girls laugh and that you have a circle of girl friends because many guys are loners with girls and you seem to have already gotten an edge. Someone can find you - you don't have to keep trying to find them.

i guess so and thanks! yeah something like a girlfriend.

i just don't know what else to do. i treat everyone the same yet its like im being ignored :frown:
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
hey everyone!

i've been feeling down recently because girls dont take me seriously anymore.

i have a good group of friends and loads of female friends. i make most of these girls laugh and some say im very funny and have a nice personality which is a nice compliment :colondollar:

but when i stop messaging them for a day or so they dont seem to message back with anything. Which is very annoying since I always am the first to talk. Nearly all of these girls tend to put me in the friendzone very quickly. I had this girl recently call me a bro :colonhash: and another a sibling...:s-smilie:. I suggested going out for a walk in a park or to catch up for lunch but they always seem very busy. To date i only met one of them and no progress has been made since.

I feel like giving up.

Mate you are what's known in ladder theory as an "intellectual whore". The girls arent messaging you because you're just there for their amusement, and they dont actually value the relationship with you.

If you want to attract women "nice" is the last thing you should ever be. Google ladder theory - it will completely change how you view interactions with women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by MAINE.
Mate you are what's known in ladder theory as an "intellectual whore". The girls arent messaging you because you're just there for their amusement, and they dont actually value the relationship with you.
If you want to attract women "nice" is the last thing you should ever be. Google ladder theory - it will completely change how you view interactions with women.
Posted from TSR Mobile

wtf, you're not serious aren't you?

I treat everyone the same. Be it a guy or a girl.
Reply 6

100% serious. I know how you may be feeling right now, but the truth is rarely easy to swallow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by MAINE.
100% serious. I know how you may be feeling right now, but the truth is rarely easy to swallow.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just had a look at it. I think its *******s.

Doesnt seem to make any sense.
Reply 8
Just had a look at it. I think its *******s.

Doesnt seem to make any sense.

Well then I wish you all the very best in the rest of your ignorant life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by MAINE.
Well then I wish you all the very best in the rest of your ignorant life.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you!
Reply 10

I don't know 'ladder theory' like our friend over there, but I would partly agree.

I don't want to act like I am some relationships expert, I really really am not. But personally, I recognise that I would not treat a girl I have romantic intentions for the same as people I only intend to be friends with.

I think it's great to approach girls with friendliness and be interested in them as a person, I just feel that there is a balance. This is because as soon as you get to know them, if you decide you really want something romantic, it's difficult to go there if that girl has already categorised you as a 'brother'.

This is why if I'm totally honest with myself, I don't think I treat my female friends EXACTLY the same as my male friends, unless I have completely discounted them as potential relationship material (and even then, I bet I still don't).

There are subtle but essential differences - it's difficult to describe. There's a certain distance (figuratively speaking) I keep with them. When I'm with a friendship group of just girls, I don't try to act like them or fully integrate myself into their group - there's a certain distance. I am male, I act and think very different to them - and girls will normally appreciate that I'm taking an interest in them, despite being vitally different in many ways.

Basically, bear in mind that men and women are different.
Just tell them how you feel ?
Original post by Pride
I don't know 'ladder theory' like our friend over there, but I would partly agree.
I don't want to act like I am some relationships expert, I really really am not. But personally, I recognise that I would not treat a girl I have romantic intentions for the same as people I only intend to be friends with.
I think it's great to approach girls with friendliness and be interested in them as a person, I just feel that there is a balance. This is because as soon as you get to know them, if you decide you really want something romantic, it's difficult to go there if that girl has already categorised you as a 'brother'.
This is why if I'm totally honest with myself, I don't think I treat my female friends EXACTLY the same as my male friends, unless I have completely discounted them as potential relationship material (and even then, I bet I still don't).
There are subtle but essential differences - it's difficult to describe. There's a certain distance (figuratively speaking) I keep with them. When I'm with a friendship group of just girls, I don't try to act like them or fully integrate myself into their group - there's a certain distance. I am male, I act and think very different to them - and girls will normally appreciate that I'm taking an interest in them, despite being vitally different in many ways.
Basically, bear in mind that men and women are different.

Thanks for this.

But i really don't know how i can change to suit this. In what ways should I respond to these girls in a romantic way without knowing them?
Reply 13
Thanks for this.

But i really don't know how i can change to suit this. In what ways should I respond to these girls in a romantic way without knowing them?

Could you clarify what you mean by 'without knowing them'?

These things take practice though, it's not a clear-cut, academic exercise. I personally like to build rapport as a friend first, so I get what you mean. But I do think it's that distance, and also the timeframe that stops you getting 'friendzoned'. If you're definitely interested in a girl, don't be treated like a female friend, and make your intentions clear sooner rather than later. I think you instinctively take the more masculine roles of taking risks, having initiative to arrange a date etc.
Original post by Pride
These things take practice though, it's not a clear-cut, academic exercise. I personally like to build rapport as a friend first, so I get what you mean. But I do think it's that distance, and also the timeframe that stops you getting 'friendzoned'. If you're definitely interested in a girl, don't be treated like a female friend, and make your intentions clear sooner rather than later. I think you instinctively take the more masculine roles of taking risks, having initiative to arrange a date etc.

I have asked to arrange dates yet they say they are busy.

In what way though?
Original post by Pride

without knowing them meaning if you just met a girl that you fancy.
Yeah man just give up. Like what's the point?
#ForgetIt
Original post by KittyRe-play
Yeah man just give up. Like what's the point?
#ForgetIt

yeah, i am actually this close to give up.
yeah, i am actually this close to give up.

Serious advise though, GIVE UP!
You can't force love, you have to let love come to you.
have u ever attempted to feel the thrills of t being potentially friendzoned/ignored on online dating?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending