Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mac Makeup

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    tell me what you think of studio fix and studio tech cos im still undecided about whether to get it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Now i want to buy some MAC foundation but i seriously do not have the money for it!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sucker_love)
    tell me what you think of studio fix and studio tech cos im still undecided about whether to get it
    Studio Tech=

Great coverage & completly covers spots & blemishes. I'm so used to using Clinique & I thought nothing could beat that till I tried this! The shade I've got is the closest match ever to my skin tone! My advice is to get it!

Argh help I just brought some eyeshadow- I think I'm becoming addicted!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    MAC studio fix is brilliant, just make sure you get the right match. The consistency and feel of it is fab, but I had to get a new one because mine looked a bit orange after a while. Also with the studio fix I had the option to buy a pump with it - I found this kept the foundation smooth and consistent (plus it's under a fiver.) Gutted the shade has turned a bit orange (but I think it's because I had a tan when I got it!) and have now chosen the new Beefit - 'nonfiction'- foundation to give it a try. I love it, it's very subtle but nice coverage. Don't like the mascara I got from there though (called BadGal mascara - really clumpy and has dried out already.)
    Finally my mum swears by Christian Dior or Chanel foundation - they're both excellent too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^i thought studio fix was a power foundation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's available as a powder and a liquid foundation
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    i prefer mac computers
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sucker_love)
    ^i thought studio fix was a power foundation
    The powder is like a creme, it is just presented like a powder. Apparantly the liquid is for more dry skin & the 'powder' is more for greasy/combination skin.

Used it y'day & it is bloody fab! xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    i prefer mac computers
    Ha, got that too
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    i prefer mac computers
    :laugh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i bought some over the weekend but find it doesnt blend too well. im using my fingers at the mo but im not gettin on too well with it. i've switched from maxfactor colour adapt and i prefer that at the mo!!
    am i doing something wrong??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am what is called, a 'MAC whore'

I LOVE their stuff...i buy something every time I get paid. I think it's quite cheap considering the quality.

I use the Select SPF Foundation which has quite a light coverage, I then use their bronzing powder to make me a bit glowy.

Their eyeshadows are AMAZING! Highly pigmented and really easy to blend with.

I recommend buying 'tools' (such as brushes and sponges) - my make up has never looked as flawless and I would never, ever, ever do my makeup with my hands (apart from my concealer). Although, the brushes are quite expensive...but they are Lush.

Oh. My. God. What an essay :love: but seriously...MAC is an amazing brand!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    The powder is like a creme, it is just presented like a powder. Apparantly the liquid is for more dry skin & the 'powder' is more for greasy/combination skin.
    Being a serious MAC whore as mentioned above, I just wanted to say that Studio FIX powder form is actually like a powder. It's Studio TECH foundation that's presented like a powder but is actually a creme-like consistency (it's also quite a heavy foundation). Studio fix also has a liquid form...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what the face and body foundation from MAC is like? cos i'm considering investing in it. Also can it go on easily using fingers? cos i prefer that to the brush, also i realllllly can't afford to get the foundation and a brush.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you guys are interested in mac you should check out Specktra, you'll be able to find out the answer to probably any question you can think of...

apologies if i/someone else has mentioned this earlier in the thread, i think i may have...oops!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    Today I went to Selfridges to get some new foundation. I had my makeup done at YSL (because MAC was too busy!), then Benefit, and was happy with neither (although I did buy a mascara at Benefit...the lady was very nice ). I was determined to get MAC foundation as I had heard good things, and finally when it was free I had them do my face and I was really happy with it. So I bought the foundation (studio fix), the brush and some bronzer. I love it!
    Stupid questions - do you have to book these 'having your make up done' appointment? Do you have to pay for them? Can you just walk up and say you'd like your make up done? What happens? Do they help you with things like moisturiser too?

Eeep I am totally none-educated when it comes to all things make up!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starbuck*)
    Stupid questions - do you have to book these 'having your make up done' appointment? Do you have to pay for them? Can you just walk up and say you'd like your make up done? What happens? Do they help you with things like moisturiser too?

Eeep I am totally none-educated when it comes to all things make up!
    No, no appointments, definitely no pay! I just rocked up, said I needed to buy some new foundation and mascara, and let them get to work. Apparently it's quietest on Monday or Tuesday so that is the best time to go, unless you want to wait a while for them to do a rush job on you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do they take all your makeup off and redo it, because i really wouldn't be comfortable with that because i look quite scary with no makeup on lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course they have to take your make up off! Some of them look quite scary too so don't worry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok lol damn it can't they just try a little bit out on me? Also, what's the best concealer for covering up spots? The one i'm using at the moment (revlon colourstay) seems to be a bit rubbish at covering and looks kinda orange. Oh and are the mac foundations oil free?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 3, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.