The Student Room Group

Should I be worried that SF have asked my dad for evidence of income?

They've asked him to send copies of whatever he has got for 13/14 and all he has is his p60. SHould i be concerned they have asked for this or does this happen alot?
It's normal. They want proof he earns what he's claiming he earns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's normal. It's how they calculate your potential entitlement to the Maintenance Grant (and any uni income-related uni bursaries etc.). Everyone who wants to be considered for the income-assessed funding will have to supply evidence of household income.

As long as your Dad's P60 accurately reflects his year's earnings, you'll be fine.
Original post by Klix88
It's normal. It's how they calculate your potential entitlement to the Maintenance Grant (and any uni income-related uni bursaries etc.). Everyone who wants to be considered for the income-assessed funding will have to supply evidence of household income.
As long as your Dad's P60 accurately reflects his year's earnings, you'll be fine.

Thats the thing, he has filled it out online wronfg, he didnt have his p60 to hand when he did it. He has underestimated it by putting in his earnings after tax, he got confused. I dont know what to do really. You cant change it. But hopefully when he sends his p60 they will see the correct amount
Reply 4
Original post by trifleontoast
Thats the thing, he has filled it out online wronfg, he didnt have his p60 to hand when he did it. He has underestimated it by putting in his earnings after tax, he got confused. I dont know what to do really. You cant change it. But hopefully when he sends his p60 they will see the correct amount

You can't change it but SF can. You need to phone SF urgently, explain the mistake and get them to correct it on the system. If your Dad's P60 conflicts with the info he submitted and SF only find out when they see his P60, they'll put your application on hold while they investigate. At best, your funding could be delayed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending