The Student Room Group

Head Boy Application

I'm going to apply for Head Boy but have no idea how to begin my application or what to include. It has to be 200 words, so I want it to stand out and not just be the average application.

Does anybody have any tips or pointers on what I could put? Please?!
Reply 1
Talk about extra curricular activities that have given you leadership, teamworking and communication skills and why this is good for head boy. Talk about what you would improve on in the school (try and be inventive but realistic) and of course interesting brevity is going to be a necessity here. When I applied for Head Boy at my old school I wrote a page (roughly 500 words) so you've got a much more difficult job doing it in 200 words.
Say why you would make a good head boy like......you have leadership skills(state where and how) for instance, "I was a prefect which enabled me to engage with the lower years etc"

Talk about any skills and qualities you have and how they will help you become a good head boy.

Remember, you have to be eloquent.
I'm only after going through the same process except for Head Girl!:smile:
Definitely talk about why you want to be Head Boy and the skills and qualities that would allow you to fulfil your role. I'd also talk about your commitments to the school, so your extra curricular activities, or any events etc that you've given up your time for (eg open days). Then talk about areas of the school you feel could be improved and if you have enough words, outline how you would address these:smile:

Good luck!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest