The Student Room Group

I've never had any friends AMA

- ever since yr 7 I've had no friends
- never been invited/gone out with friends on a weekend/after school/ in the holidays/evenings
- never been invited to a birthday party
- never celebrated my birthday
- have 7 contacts on whatsapp three of them my family.
- missed out on all the good bits of growing up due to being alone all the time
- ESFJ personality type. If you look it up you'll see we are a very sociable people. Don't know why that doesn't come across in person!
- not soft and I don't let people walk all over me. Yes I got bullied, and yes I stuck up for myself. No I am not weak. It was simply a matter of too many people hating at once

AMA about my pathetic life
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Have/can you identify 3 features which may count against you when making friends?
That's kinda peak you know
Original post by Brownclown
- ever since yr 7 I've had no friends
- never been invited/gone out with friends on a weekend/after school/ in the holidays/evenings
- never been invited to a birthday party
- never celebrated my birthday
- have 7 contacts on whatsapp three of them my family.

AMA about my pathetic life

I feel for you. I'll be your friend :biggrin:
Reply 4
I have two contacts on my whatsapp... My mother being one.

You're not all that bad, bro.
Are you unhappy? I have friends but I'm perfectly happy (often happier) in my own company. Do you rely on family to fill friendship roles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by somemightsay888
Have/can you identify 3 features which may count against you when making friends?

I genuinely don't know. I was badly bullied in year 7 and that set the precedent for the next 6 years till I left school

I'm actually very sociable and I can easily make friends online. I'm not introvert or anything. In real life I'll happily talk to someone and well joke around but the next day they just go cold on me

At my job I'm really friendly and I get along with all the customers. I just don't think I really click with people my age and prefer people with a more mature attitude
Reply 7
[QUOTE=Valyrian;57564851]That's kinda peak you know

It's really embarrassing tbh

I've missed out on so much of my childhood Being alone
Reply 8
[QUOTE=Nahimjustaworm;57565019]Are you unhappy? I have friends but I'm perfectly happy (often happier) in my own company. Do you rely on family to fill friendship roles?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't really choose to not to have any friends so of course I'm unhappy :/

My family situation is poor too so no I don't rely on them
Are you going to/have been to Uni? Maybe you could reinvent yourself there
Reply 10
Original post by agentawesome
I feel for you. I'll be your friend :biggrin:

Hello online friend
You are not the only one, in year 7 I came in all shy and it was only later on when I came out my shell.

Just be approachable and friendly and if people don't want to reach out to you then make an effort to reach out to them.

On fb, I have some people that I would not class as "friends" but just there for show.
Reply 12
Original post by somemightsay888
Are you going to/have been to Uni? Maybe you could reinvent yourself there

I'll be taking a gap year to focus just on improving myself and hopefully I'll be off to uni next year.

New city, fresh start
Hello online friend

Hi, what shall we do? I am currently watching Family Guy on BBC2.
Original post by $100Bill
I have two contacts on my whatsapp... My mother being one.

You're not all that bad, bro.

:lol:

Funny!
How old are you?

and I can relate I have got a very serious mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed where I can't understand people on a mental level outside my intermediate family. However my family are just normal people so it's not becasue they are weird like me but I feel like my brain chemistry changes when I talk to people outside my family I don't experience the feelings of interest or friendship or anything emotionally complicated with people outside my family, therefore I don't think I know what friendship is. Unless relating it with the bond I feel for family members so my life is a lot crapper than yours. Ha I am more pathetic.
Reply 16
Hi, what shall we do? I am currently watching Family Guy on BBC2.

I've just turned the TV on. Check out peters vestigial twin
I've just turned the TV on. Check out peters vestigial twin

I have watched this episode so many times. It never gets old.
Reply 18
Original post by leroythelost
How old are you?

and I can relate I have got a very serious mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed where I can't understand people on a mental level outside my intermediate family. However my family are just normal people so it's not becasue they are weird like me but I feel like my brain chemistry changes when I talk to people outside my family I don't experience the feelings of interest or friendship or anything emotionally complicated with people outside my family, therefore I don't think I know what friendship is. Unless relating it with the bond I feel for family members so my life is a lot crapper than yours. Ha I am more pathetic.

Aw I'm sorry :frown:

Have you had any help for it?
Reply 19
I have watched this episode so many times. It never gets old.

I've only seen family guy a couple of times before!
Not sure if I like..

Quick Reply

Latest