The Student Room Group

How to get him to meet me irl?

Okay there is this skype group chat with 3 other people in it and I am quite close to all of them and I have been talking to them since like January. Anyway I have never met them irl as they are my "internet" friends but I have met people FROM the internet before. So one of the people is a guy and I REALLY like him but like he ALWAYS gives me mixed signals so I have just settled for the fact that we are just good friends. I really want to meet him but he thinks I'm gonna follow him home. This is mainly because I am the stalkerish/obsessive type and when I first met him online he was GENUINELY scared of me. I have asked someone to try and find his address before and this person MAY have told him that I asked which probably explains why he does not want to meet me. I also have saved about 82 pictures of him which were made up of skype screenshots, instagram photos and facebook pictures from like 7 years ago to present. But he does not know this.

I would act totally normal if I did meet him in real life though and I would NOT follow him home so how can I get him to meet me? He also seemed kinda jealous when I met this other guy I met online more than once but why should he be jealous if he himself makes no attempt to try and meet using the same excuse. I have offered the meet up a couple times during group chat but he always rejects it in a jokey way. How do I convince him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay there is this skype group chat with 3 other people in it and I am quite close to all of them and I have been talking to them since like January. Anyway I have never met them irl as they are my "internet" friends but I have met people FROM the internet before. So one of the people is a guy and I REALLY like him but like he ALWAYS gives me mixed signals so I have just settled for the fact that we are just good friends. I really want to meet him but he thinks I'm gonna follow him home. This is mainly because I am the stalkerish/obsessive type and when I first met him online he was GENUINELY scared of me. I have asked someone to try and find his address before and this person MAY have told him that I asked which probably explains why he does not want to meet me. I also have saved about 82 pictures of him which were made up of skype screenshots, instagram photos and facebook pictures from like 7 years ago to present. But he does not know this.

I would act totally normal if I did meet him in real life though and I would NOT follow him home so how can I get him to meet me? He also seemed kinda jealous when I met this other guy I met online more than once but why should he be jealous if he himself makes no attempt to try and meet using the same excuse. I have offered the meet up a couple times during group chat but he always rejects it in a jokey way. How do I convince him?

This must be a joke.
Reply 2
I feel like you probably won't act normally if you meet him irl and you should probably stay away.
What Web you meet them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
how far does he live?
If I was him, I would run FAAAR away from you.

Are you sure that you're not a troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olivia9
This must be a joke.

Original post by babyshawte
If I was him, I would run FAAAR away from you.

Are you sure that you're not a troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is real -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by darkred
I feel like you probably won't act normally if you meet him irl and you should probably stay away.

Omg i would though!! Like i stalked this othet guy before and was totally normal with him when i got the courage to talk to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade
What Web you meet them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tinychat ages ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bottled
how far does he live?

Like an hour or so although im just assuming. He refuses to tell me the area :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who even needs anonymity? :P

#dontjudge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully none of them have made tsr o.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
I knew it was you :biggrin:
very creepy. Do you sleep with his face attached to your pillow?

I've dated girls like you before. Not girlfriend material lmao.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Unfortunately you kinda shot yourself in the foot admitting that you asked someone else for his home address, and I hope you realise that that's rather creepy and a gross invasion of privacy, did you apologise?
Don't mention how many pictures you have of anyone, that's just bad social practice in any context.

Meeting one-on-one is risky for anyone really, maybe meet up with some friends of his and you with a friend of yours? Meeting up in a public space in town is always a good bet, moreso if one of you takes public transport to get there so you can say goodbye there without the risk of one following the other
Original post by ilovereading

#dontjudge

Posted from TSR Mobile

you really should've asked to meet at a nuetral meeting point. preferably closer to him. His home address is a biiig nono
This is real -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you do it, gurl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

#dontjudge

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao knew it was u :lol:
Original post by donutellme
I knew it was you :biggrin:

Original post by Anonynmous
lmao knew it was u :lol:

Probably cause I mentioned tinychat and internet friends xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChickenMadness
very creepy. Do you sleep with his face attached to your pillow?

I've dated girls like you before. Not girlfriend material lmao.

Oh damn :'( I'm one of "those" :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply