The Student Room Group

Lana Del Rey Fans: What's your favourite song?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Which is your favourite, Del Rey fans?
Yes, @ActuallyIDo, I'm speaking to you (amongst others) :wink:!
My favourite is Born To Die.

OMG I haven't listened to her for SOOO LONG!! about a year and a half! I didn't really like her latest album.
But my vote went to Born To Die, it's the intro that gets me lol

Whyyy oH me? Whyyyyy? Feeeeet Don't faiiiil mee now
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
So, voters, here's a different question: which album out of Born To Die, Born To Die: Paradise Edition and Ultraviolence did you prefer and why?

I prefer Born To Die as I do listen to some things on Ultraviolence, although I like them, and find them a little substance-less and don't really follow what ideas she was trying to convey through the lyrics. The Paradise version of the first album was good but yeah, I like virtually every song on the straight Born To Die album so I'll go with that.
So, voters, here's a different question: which album out of Born To Die, Born To Die: Paradise Edition and Ultraviolence did you prefer and why?
I prefer Born To Die as I do listen to some things on Ultraviolence, although I like them, and find them a little substance-less and don't really follow what ideas she was trying to convey through the lyrics. The Paradise version of the first album was good but yeah, I like virtually every song on the straight Born To Die album so I'll go with that.

Exactly my sentiments!
This was really difficult to answer. I love most of her songs (it'd actually be easier for me to say which ones I'm not to keen on)
Reply 44
Original post by Cordelina
This was really difficult to answer. I love most of her songs (it'd actually be easier for me to say which ones I'm not to keen on)

By all means, do that!
Original post by Basit2010
who

Lizzy Grant.
By all means, do that!

Ok sure. Ones I'd prefer to skip are Radio, Lucky ones, Yayo, Bel Air, American, and Burning Desire.

But everything else I like (a lot)
Reply 47
Ok sure. Ones I'd prefer to skip are Radio, Lucky ones, Yayo, Bel Air, American, and Burning Desire.

Fair enough! What songs do you find the most emotionally triggering? I find Born To Die, Old Money and Ride the most emotionally triggering, personally.
Fair enough! What songs do you find the most emotionally triggering? I find Born To Die, Old Money and Ride the most emotionally triggering, personally.

Definitely Carmen. I love the song but it always reminds me of something I don't like thinking about so I tend not to listen to it. On the other hand, National Anthem and Cola always bring to mind good times :smile:
I can only choose one :O

I chose Video Games out of the ones on the list but it's my joint favourite with others like Pretty When You Cry, Born To Die and Summertime Sadness
I adore lana del Ray, having to choose one favourite is impossible!

Off to the races
Video games
Shades of cool
Brooklyn baby
Born to die
Reply 51
Original post by TheTechN1304
I can only choose one :O

I chose Video Games out of the ones on the list but it's my joint favourite with others like Pretty When You Cry, Born To Die and Summertime Sadness

Please list as many as you like!

I personally adore:

Born To Die, Old Money, Ride, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Ultraviolence, Florida Kilos, American, Gods and Monsters, Blue Jeans and Is This Happiness.
Reply 52
Original post by Pineapplefridge
I adore lana del Ray, having to choose one favourite is impossible!

Off to the races
Video games
Shades of cool
Brooklyn baby
Born to die

Lana Del Rey is amazing. All good choices.
Video Games + B2D. However VG>B2D
Reply 54

You don't like Bel Air omg :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also ultraviolence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Blackshadow
Also ultraviolence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both excellent songs. Vote on the poll!
Did I? :s-smilie: What did I forget? :lol: