The Student Room Group

Ban private schools

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paladian
deprived areas are just that deprived of jobs and the people there can't afford to send their kids to private schools. can they?

Hence scholarships etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lascelles
Hence scholarships etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because an institution that wants to make money out of their services really wants to offer their services for free.
Original post by EatAndRevise
So instead of improving the current state schools, you want to abolish the successful private schools?

Brilliant idea.

Jealousy is a wonderful thing.

tbf its not just him, it seems to be a UK thing, instead of making the bad good, youd rather make the good bad.
Original post by silverbolt
tbf its not just him, it seems to be a UK thing, instead of making the bad good, youd rather make the good bad.

true, I agree
you fools arguing you get what you pay for are stupid.
is it the parents who are getting educated? nooooooooooooooooooo
Original post by EatAndRevise
So instead of improving the current state schools, you want to abolish the successful private schools?

Brilliant idea.

Jealousy is a wonderful thing.

state schooools are sh** anyway, glad i don't go to one. Jealous of what?Lololololololololololololololool
private schools have a better genetic profile.
some parents chose to send their children to private school but make sacrifices elsewhere in life for example i attend a private school and yes the majority of the students who attend do come from wealthy backgrounds but not everyone some parents can't afford it but they work extra hard in order to provide their child with the highest quality of education as they believe an education is more important than several holidays a year.
Original post by lascelles
Hence scholarships etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scholarships? Philanthropy and charity is next to useless, the whole system needs to be changed.
also attending a private school they honestly aren't as good as people think at my school nearly everyone has a tutor as the standard of education is high but not perfect . The main reason most people go to private schools is because you are with a higher calibre of people who come from good backgrounds and you are in a safe happy environment.
No.

Plebs gonna pleb.
Original post by silverbolt

its not making the good bad its putting an end to a decadent bourgeois society fuelled by greed and hate.
@quentinhamilton what is your opinion on this hunny? You know i love u :wink:
asking you since u got private education in your butt:lollypop::tong:
Original post by Paladian
its not making the good bad its putting an end to a decadent bourgeois society fuelled by greed and hate.

but do you not think they help ease up the demand in state schools
Reply 94
Original post by Jane 201010
AS THE TITLE SUGGESTS. We need these schools banned. The kids at these schools are getting to the top universities and jobs whereas us peasants only make it to average salaries at the most.

Wrong - entrances to Oxbridge are proportional to applicants - there are just more applicants from private schools.
Original post by lorddisick
some parents chose to send their children to private school but make sacrifices elsewhere in life for example i attend a private school and yes thety of the students who attend do come from wealthy backkgrounds but not everyone some parents can't afford it but they work extra hard in order to provide their child with the highest quality of education as they believe an education is more important than several holidays a year.

also attending a private school they honestly aren't as good as people think at my school nearly everyone has a tutor as the standard of education is high but not perfect . The main reason most people go to private schools is because you are with a higher calibre of people who come from good backgrounds and you are in a safe happy environment.

doesn't the point about kids from poor backgrounds attending your public school and kids of a higher calibre attending public school contradict your (snobby) opinions.
Original post by Jane 201010
@quentinhamilton what is your opinion on this hunny? You know i love u :wink:
asking you since u got private education in your butt:lollypop::tong:

Can you STOP tagging me in your useless threads? I am not interested
Some of my course at uni are from state schools. Some are from private schools. In the end, we're all in the same place working hard for our degree.
I would have loved to have gone to private school as a kid, but tbh now I'm at uni it means nothing.
Original post by quentinhamilton
Can you STOP tagging me in your useless threads? I am not interested

Quentin why so angry? Did poor people get in your way again? Awwwwww don't worry living in Chelsea must not be that hard:redface:
but do you not think they help ease up the demand in state schools

Not even in the slightest the working classes could use the schools previously used for rich kids and the rich kids could well you can guess what I'd do with them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending