The Student Room Group

UCAS points for BTEC

I want to know how the UCAS points are for a BTEC Diploma course.I have just finished college and in my first year I did BTEC Sub-Diploma in IT. I got a Distinction in that year. I was told that, the Distinction is worth 120 points for that first year.And in my second year of BTEC Diploma in IT (which is the full diploma), I got a Distinction*. For this I was told that the UCAS points is 140 for the second year. So overall from this course I should have 260 UCAS points. Is that right? I am confused because if you do an A level course (2 years) and end up getting A at the end of both years then you would only have 120 UCAS points. That doesn't seem fair to me... (I have done A level course myself along with this course)...but that's not this post about. I just want to know if I would actually have 260 UCAS points from that subject alone.
If you completed a second year, ignore the first year Ucas points as they get 'absorbed' into an overall grade. Therefore if you got a D*D overall, then, yes, that will give you 260 Ucas points. A BTEC Diploma (12 units) is equivalent to 2 A levels.

See UCAS tariffs at; https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables/1176
Reply 2
Alrightn. Now that make sense. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending