The Student Room Group

Am I the only one that thinks they need to be in a relationship to be happy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dp1828

Hah :P you seem to have cheered up awfully quick ^^
Reply 41
Original post by Redmark
Hah :P you seem to have cheered up awfully quick ^^

Yeah because it was nice to have that someone to talk to about all this :smile: Thanks!!
Original post by dp1828
Yeah because it was nice to have that someone to talk to about all this :smile: Thanks!!

Well I'm glad you did cheer up at the very least. Sorry to hear you had this situation in the first place =\ Hopefully onward and upward from here? :P
Reply 43
Original post by Redmark
Well I'm glad you did cheer up at the very least. Sorry to hear you had this situation in the first place =\ Hopefully onward and upward from here? :P

:u: I suppose most people go through something similar anyway. It had to happen to someone and unfortunately that was me. Definitely! I'm just going to try forget about this and if I don't, I know who to go to :wink:
Not quite.

But I need some people who I can rely on emotionally. Doesn't need to be sexually, but that's a nice bonus.
Your a girl, this is not uncommon.

Slight neediness is not a bad thing for a girl.
I wouldnt know.

Original post by beeninetytwo
Depends on how far away the sex person is. If they're local the a few times a week is preferable. If further away then an evening weekly I guess. Or fortnight :pain::pain:

interesting. there might be an issue with the terms and conditions here, never-the-less, i volunteer for experiment..
I personally don't feel the same way. I feel as though I'm less happier in a relationship than when I am on my own. :-)
Original post by prettyreckless13
I personally don't feel the same way. I feel as though I'm less happier in a relationship than when I am on my own. :-)

It's probably who you're with, not the fact you're with someone. Unless you're extremely introverted, which is another matter entirely.
Reply 50

Maybe you've just been in bad relationships booboo
Original post by theDanIdentity
interesting. there might be an issue with the terms and conditions here, never-the-less, i volunteer for experiment..

The Captain is taking the helm I see! :colone:
I like my freedom so prefer to be single...for now at least lol
Reply 53

That's strange. I never feel that way when I am in a relationship.
Reply 54
Original post by RainbowKiwi
I like my freedom so prefer to be single...for now at least lol

I like my freedom too but at the same time sometimes I just want someone by my side :smile:
Original post by dp1828
I like my freedom too but at the same time sometimes I just want someone by my side :smile:

Go into a relationship, sure. But realise that NOTHING on this planet will make you complete. Everyone wants £100,000, but then you make that money and now you want 200,000 and then you make that and now you want 300,000 etc.

Do you see my point here? Nobody in a relationship is always 'happy', because it's not natural/healthy to be constantly happy. It's contentment you're looking for, and that is how I would advise you think about it.

But no, you're not the only one who thinks that way. Many people do, and they're all going to learn the hard way how wrong they are.
Reply 56
Original post by NextGenKing
Go into a relationship, sure. But realise that NOTHING on this planet will make you complete. Everyone wants £100,000, but then you make that money and now you want 200,000 and then you make that and now you want 300,000 etc.

Do you see my point here? Nobody in a relationship is always 'happy', because it's not natural/healthy to be constantly happy. It's contentment you're looking for, and that is how I would advise you think about it.

But no, you're not the only one who thinks that way. Many people do, and they're all going to learn the hard way how wrong they are.

Thanks. I am starting to see everyone's points and it is having a somewhat effect on me. I am going to take a somewhat short break from relationships and all that and just maybe focus on something a little more important. There obviously are other things that make me happy which I could be focusing on more.
Reply 57
So a relationship isn't everything in life, but it can be pretty important and particularly if you've had a long spell single. I don't hold with those folk that say you shouldn't rely on someone else for your happiness. You need some companionship and sexy fun in general to be fulfilled.
Original post by NextGenKing
It's probably who you're with, not the fact you're with someone. Unless you're extremely introverted, which is another matter entirely.

Perhaps. Although, the thought of a relationship isn't appealing to me right now. I may feel differently over time.

Original post by Zuki
Maybe you've just been in bad relationships booboo

Maybe... :-)

Original post by dp1828
That's strange. I never feel that way when I am in a relationship.

It's probably because you're with people you feel as though you can connect to, which is a good thing obviously. At first, it feels that way for me too, but gradually they just start to irritate me... Lol
Reply 59
It's probably because you're with people you feel as though you can connect to, which is a good thing obviously. At first, it feels that way for me too, but gradually they just start to irritate me... Lol

I'm not gonna lie they do get pretty annoying after a while!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending