The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl that's not funny?

Would you rather date someone who's more bookish, intelligent, down to earth, passionate and caring and like extremely nice or someone who's absolutely hilarious and 'fun' to be around?
Ideally a mixture, surely? There's not really any opposites there. Personally I don't think I could date someone that I couldn't have fun with, as for me the whole flirty banter is a huge aspect of any relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you rather date someone who's more bookish, intelligent, down to earth, passionate and caring and like extremely nice or someone who's absolutely hilarious and 'fun' to be around?

The former
if she's naturally "laughy", then I'll perceive her as being funny even if she's not
I wouldn't mind someone who wasn't particularly funny - though I'm sure everyone has the odd joke or two in them every so often.

What's more important to me is that they can do things that make them laugh out loud or appreciate good comedy programs
Reply 5
Yes because this is the same question as would u date girls
Apparently girls aren't funny, I'd prefer it if the guy was the one cracking the jokes rather than me.
Everyone needs to be able to appreciate humour to some extent, whether I want them to be a colleague, friend, or girlfriend. There's a wide spectrum of how funny you can be, and where they lie on that, along with the rest of their personality, is what matters. Perhaps a girl who knows when each type of behaviour is most appropriate would be best!
Reply 8
Yeah I would. As long as she had a sense of humour and found me hilarious.
I'm apparently funny but I don't mean to be, I think this is classed as dizzy though rather than funny.
Reply 10
Of course I would - I'm not funny so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I wouldn't :wink:

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" is what someone said to me years and years ago. It's nice having someone intelligent and caring, but I'd really love to have a laugh with someone I'm with.
yeah if she likes well enough and i get on with her than sure?
tbh.. i'd go for the 'laughter' girl. there's only so much i could do with the 'intelligent' girl.

as for me, i'd rather have fun than a boring conversation; after all, the intelligent girl would be decent, and i'd like her; but then, there's only so many dates i would have with the intelligent girl before i'd get bored and want to kill myself.

flirty banter/fun/laughter is the way forward imo..

**maybe not 'kill myself' perse, but i'd be Extremely bored and would want to disappear**
Reply 14

Depends if she is boring and fat id date her and if she was fat and fun. Fun/boring doesn't matter as long as they can eat a burger faster than me
I find intelligence and humour/wit tend to coincide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending