The Student Room Group

Help A level choices

I have to make my A Level choices and I need some help. My first three are A level Government and Politics, A Level Media Studies and a Cambridge Technical in IT (a level not available). I don't know what to choose for my fourth. I don't know whether or not I need to take a facilitating subject, none of them take my interest. My aim is to go to uni for a IT related degree. I'm also doing the EPQ. Any advice on what I should take, subject wise or just generally? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by abigayle_aloud
I have to make my A Level choices and I need some help. My first three are A level Government and Politics, A Level Media Studies and a Cambridge Technical in IT (a level not available). I don't know what to choose for my fourth. I don't know whether or not I need to take a facilitating subject, none of them take my interest. My aim is to go to uni for a IT related degree. I'm also doing the EPQ. Any advice on what I should take, subject wise or just generally? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not look on the UCAS website at Uni courses that take your fancy and see if they have any subjects you need and any subjects they advise for you to take?

(If you dont know how to do this PM me and I will explain)
Maths could be useful? It's very hard though :frown: Personally I would highly recommend Sociology, it is very interesting and relatable to G&P, as we studied some of the policies put in place by the Government.

Whatever subject you end up taking, Good Luck! PM me if you need anything! x
I would recommend maths or a science A level if you want to study IT; however, if these seem too hard or uninteresting for you, then look at a list of facilitating subjects- something like history or a foreign language could be useful!

Quick Reply

Latest