The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting 'muscly' just to get more girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Proxenus
Nope. From what I've heard girls prefer skinny than muscular.

OP just be yourself -_-

You serious? lmao
Reply 41
Original post by Redfrost
Did many women do bodybuilding with you, did it help them to attract or did it put men off?

I never trained with females ...

Female bodybuilders attract some men, most men are not attracted to them as that look is even more unnatural to that of a male bodybuilder.
(personally I find zero sexual attraction in a female bodybuilder).
Original post by ChickenMadness
Well it's not really 'feel'. Girls come up and snog me at clubs n stuff when I'm athletic and showing it off. When I get fat it doesn't happen really. And I get more of em commenting on my muscles or if i work out or whatever. It's pretty objective. I go between fat and athletic quite a lot cus of various circumstances. Right now I have an injury so I got fat again lol. No one flirts with me haha.

I see. Can't argue with facts. Get your ass to the gym and get back in shape. :redface:
If you wanna go for the girls being muscular will just put them off. girls prefer skinny and plus you don't need to do much to get it
Original post by Anonymous
Girls do you really prefer guys who are muscly to a guy who is skinny? I'm just wondering if it's worth putting on a lot of muscle because it takes a lot of time, does it really help you get more girls?

Girls are all different and all have different types of preferences, it may catch the attention of some girls if muscles are their type of guy. However, other girls may not be interested in muscles and may like skinny, or broad guys. And a lot of girls go for personality over looks anyway and wouldn't mind what type of body the guy has, so my advice would be just do what makes you happy and if going the gym and getting more muscly is what would do that, then I'd go for it:smile:
Original post by TeeEm
I never trained with females ...

Female bodybuilders attract some men, most men are not attracted to them as that look is even more unnatural to that of a male bodybuilder.
(personally I find zero sexual attraction in a female bodybuilder).

So wouldn't you want a relationship with a woman you had something in common with/could train with. I didn't mean body builder as in those women who can pull trucks just athletic/muscle definition.
Reply 46
Original post by Redfrost
So wouldn't you want a relationship with a woman you had something in common with/could train with. I didn't mean body builder as in those women who can pull trucks just athletic/muscle definition.

me personally no, but many male bodybuilders find female bodybuilders attractive.
Original post by The_Blade
girls prefer skinny

Don't know how accurate this is :P
I think that muscles look good but if a boy has a horrible personality then it kind of counteracts the aesthetic appeal.. So skinny guys with a good personality are wayy better than a boy with a good body and a rubbish personality. I hope that helps :smile:
You still need to be tall, have good facial aesthetics and be swimming in money. A little bit of muscle on its own isn't enough. In fact, I'd argue that money, looks and height are all much more important than muscle.
Yes, muscle is more attractive. But not to the point it looks scary...

Spoiler

Original post by Liquid Harvest
You still need to be tall, have good facial aesthetics and be swimming in money. A little bit of muscle on its own isn't enough. In fact, I'd argue that money, looks and height are all much more important than muscle.

A good body makes loads of difference, changes the whole appearance of a person from my pov :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
There's no point in being muscly if you don't have the brains and the right attitude to be a true gentleman.
Honestly, it depends on the type of girls you're wanting to pick up.

If you're looking for a long term relationship then I'd say that your body type really doesn't matter. How committed a girl is depends on much more. That being said, it would be easier to get girls to initially notice you if you were physically fit.

If you're looking to pick up girls who go clubbing and are looking for short term, less serious, fun relationships/pick ups then yeah, being ripped would probably help you out a lot.

However, getting ripped, gaining muscle and being buff requires A LOT of long term commitment. You're looking at several hours in the gym at least, every week. Keep this in mind, especially if you're at uni or near exams, as it can detract from other areas of your life if you don't manage your time effectively. My personal opinion? Go somewhere in the middle. Get yourself a gym membership and work out - get physically fit. However, don't overdo it and go absolutely mad on the protein and weight gain.
Original post by NextGenKing
I dunno. Why don't you ask her?

Uh...... speechless....
Original post by Blue101010
Honestly, it depends on the type of girls you're wanting to pick up.

If you're looking for a long term relationship then I'd say that your body type really doesn't matter. How committed a girl is depends on much more. That being said, it would be easier to get girls to initially notice you if you were physically fit.

If you're looking to pick up girls who go clubbing and are looking for short term, less serious, fun relationships/pick ups then yeah, being ripped would probably help you out a lot.

This sounds like the most balanced opinion so far. Exactly what I was going to say.
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys prefer slim and toned as opposed to muscley so dont bulk up too much.
If you're just looking to pull some shlags, then yeah, gaining some muscles will absolutely help. Might also help spark the physical attraction required to get a girl interested enough in you for her to take a punt on a date or whatever, but of course your personality and compatibility with the girl will ultimately prevail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending