The Student Room Group

I dont think I will get into Uni

Hi

I have just finished my final High School Year, I am not worried about my GCSE's as I am definite I excelled and got the grades I wanted.I plan on getting a degree on Software Development in UniHowever I applied for a college using UCAS, I applied for one course. Which is Software Development Level 3. This is the only course I applied for.

A few minutes ago I read somewhere that I need more then one course to get into Uni.

What should I do please help
Original post by BoyNextDoor
Hi

I have just finished my final High School Year, I am not worried about my GCSE's as I am definite I excelled and got the grades I wanted.I plan on getting a degree on Software Development in UniHowever I applied for a college using UCAS, I applied for one course. Which is Software Development Level 3. This is the only course I applied for.

A few minutes ago I read somewhere that I need more then one course to get into Uni.

If it's a BTEC L3, you should be completely fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Incubator
If it's a BTEC L3, you should be completely fine :smile:

Are you sure? So I will be able to get into Uni and continue on Software Developing?

Sorry but when I read this I got really stressed and concerned if I would ever be able to get into Uni. I heard something about Points being required to get into university
Are you sure? So I will be able to get into Uni and continue on Software Developing?

Sorry but when I read this I got really stressed and concerned if I would ever be able to get into Uni. I heard something about Points being required to get into university

Well it depends. Some Uni's (usually the top ones) want an A level in Maths alongside your BTEC, but others don't. Look at some Universities and call them up to be certain. But you'll DEFINITELY get into a University with a BTEC provided it's level 3
Hi

You do that qualification and
As long as that course is equivalent to 3 A levels (which im sure it is) you will be fine.
Original post by Kash24411
As long as that course is equivalent to 3 A levels (which im sure it is) you will be fine.

Lol. 1 BTEC = 3 A levels?
Original post by Adeel Ali
Lol. 1 BTEC = 3 A levels?

Yes, plenty of people at my college do BTEC Business or even ICT extended diploma which is equivalent to 3 A levels.
Yes, plenty of people at my college do BTEC Business or even ICT extended diploma which is equivalent to 3 A levels.

*Drops; Maths, Further Maths, Chem + Bio. Picks up BTEC Business :u:*
*Drops; Maths, Further Maths, Chem + Bio. Picks up BTEC Business :u:*

Haha :P

Even though you could do a BTEC that's equivalent to 3 of those A levels in terms of UCAS points, they are still a strong, if not the strongest set of A levels which can get you into some of the best universities and courses in the county (considering you get excellent grades).
Haha :P

Even though you could do a BTEC that's equivalent to 3 of those A levels in terms of UCAS points, they are still a strong, if not the strongest set of A levels which can get you into some of the best universities and courses in the county (considering you get excellent grades).

Hopefully. I'm starting them this coming year. I need to get an A* in GCSE MATH to do further though. I want to do ChemENG at Uni so wish me luck! :smile:
Hopefully. I'm starting them this coming year. I need to get an A* in GCSE MATH to do further though. I want to do ChemENG at Uni so wish me luck! :smile:

Oh good luck with your GCSE results and college! Im sure you'll do great.
Oh good luck with your GCSE results and college! Im sure you'll do great.

Thank You! What are you studying?
Thank You! What are you studying?

Just finished my final year at college and hoping to start Business and Management this October at Aston University :smile:
I thought an Extended Diploma BTEC Level = 3 A levels but a BTEC Level 3 Diploma = 1 A Level

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending