The Student Room Group

What methods do Medicine students employ to memorise facts when studying?

I'm an Australian high school student researching the best ways to improve your ability to remember information, with a focus on Medical students.

I would just like to know how you memorise lists of facts or tables of information, maybe some specific methods you use... Would love some input as this is for a final year Research Project - thanks a million if you can help me out.
(edited 8 years ago)
I do Biomedicine which is kinda like the same thing.

For things such as diseases including things such as animal reservoirs, transmission, symptoms, reproduction cycles and cures/medicines/preventions, I just put together flash cards and jumble them all up and try and put them in the correct order (often requiring a large floor). =P

That and getting people to ask you random trivia so you don't feel like a dumb ass and thus kinda awkward helps too (gives you motivation to revise). =l
Cheers thanks for that
Reply 3
I use a website called Quizlet to make flashcards, and then go through them whenever I can. I have the app on my phone so I can quickly revise while on the train etc. I can also flag cards that I have difficulty remembering, which means I can focus on areas where I am weak.

Making the cards can take a while, but I find that I'm still learning even as I am making them. Also it can be fun trying to think of different questions to test my knowledge, and it doesn't feel like a chore. Plus I'm on my phone so often, it has almost become a part of my daily routine.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending