The Student Room Group

Pls help me with this psychology research

In psychology our teacher is making us do a research project where we have to make an aim and method to collect the data. My aim/ hypothesis is to investigate whether listining to music improves concentration while doing things like studying for example and if it does improve concentration which music is the best for it. The method is a questionnaire. Please could you awnser the questions down below thank you :smile:. 1- do you listen to music while performing everyday actions such as studying or excercising? 2-do you find listening to music improves your concentration while performing these actions? 3- if you awnsered yes to question 2, what type of music do you feel Improves your concentration the best eg rock music or pop music? 4-are you male or female?
Yes, yes, Rock music, Female.
Original post by Tsrsarah
In psychology our teacher is making us do a research project where we have to make an aim and method to collect the data. My aim/ hypothesis is to investigate whether listining to music improves concentration while doing things like studying for example and if it does improve concentration which music is the best for it. The method is a questionnaire. Please could you awnser the questions down below thank you :smile:. 1- do you listen to music while performing everyday actions such as studying or excercising? 2-do you find listening to music improves your concentration while performing these actions? 3- if you awnsered yes to question 2, what type of music do you feel Improves your concentration the best eg rock music or pop music? 4-are you male or female?

I listen to music whilst exercising, but not whilst I study. I think music helps with exercise because it gives you a distraction from all the work your body is doing, so you focus on the sound as opposed to your body. On the other hand, music makes it difficult to study because you actually have information to process and in this case, I find that music distracts me. I listen to really cheesy pop whilst exercising. Hope this was of some use :smile:

1. yes
2. i have concentration problems but music can give me something to solidily concentrate on rather than my surroundings.
3.pop music, generally something upbeat
4.female
Reply 4
:bump::bump:
Reply 5
1. No
2. No, in fact it makes it harder to concentrate.
4. Female
Reply 6

1) Yes, during exercise, whilst taking a bus or walking. Also driving.

2) No, it distracts and I end up drifting off.

3) N/A

4) Male

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending