The Student Room Group

Does anyone know when the access course transcript comes?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lledrith
You're right, it's true. I'm a postgraduate and this has been the most confusing process I've ever been subjected to in regards to transitioning from one establishment to a other.

It's not like Access to HE is a particularly new diploma either... So there really isn't an excuse for it...

I've been thinking the same thing. They've had plenty of time to sort this out!

To give credit where it's due, I've found most of the application (UCAS) process very smooth. You can find a lot of info about unis and courses on UCAS, the application submission and making your choices parts work very well, and, crucially, it's transparent - all the key stakeholders (you, your college, and your prospective unis) have got visibility of the process. Excellent. It's just this last stage where it seems to fall apart!
Finally received my transcript yesterday!

It seems that the most helpful people to contact are your Awarding Body who will at least tell you when your transcript was sent out (or when it's due to be sent out). After they've told you that it's easier to go to your university and ask for an extension to a deadline if you need one.

I'm also really disappointed with how poorly my college explained the process of sending results to the university. I feel like I completely lost the college's support as soon as I handed in my portfolio, there was literally no explanation of what would happen after that.
Original post by soupsnakes
I'm also really disappointed with how poorly my college explained the process of sending results to the university. I feel like I completely lost the college's support as soon as I handed in my portfolio, there was literally no explanation of what would happen after that.

Exactly the same with me (disappointed) and my college (disappointing) with respect to this issue. But glad you've got your transcript sorted, and thanks for the tip!
Grr im getting frustrated now lol seeing everyone receive offers for accommodation which I can't have until my offer becomes unconditional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by linnyloo87
Grr im getting frustrated now lol seeing everyone receive offers for accommodation which I can't have until my offer becomes unconditional

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said you have your transcript, send it to them
Original post by O.Ozz
You said you have your transcript, send it to them

I have the unofficial ones the uni wants to verified ones and the certificates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting beyond frustrated still waiting!! Anyone got theirs from ocn london?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting beyond frustrated still waiting!! Anyone got theirs from ocn london?

I'm not with ocn London, but I got an email from my college to let me know that Ascentis (my board) had a glitch so the transcripts are being delayed further. I was supposed to get it on Tuesday but now it's just become "soon™".

Very frustrating.
Thankfully I received mine last week so now got my place sorted. I don't want to sound smug about it and I know saying sorry to all you folks out there who haven't had yours yet is scant consolation, but just hang in there. Hopefully it will all come through soon.

Original post by soupsnakes

I know I already concurred with you on this earlier on the thread, but it's an issue annoying enough to justify re-iterating it! My results just appeared through the post from AptEd. Ok, that's the crucial thing, but no idea what's happening now in terms of my college (nothing, I suppose). In all fairness, I have to state that my lead tutor did send an email out to us in June to clarify that results would come to us in late July/early August, and that has happened (in my case, at least). However, there was also talk about provisional results coming earlier and that didn't happen. I had a nagging worry throughout July because of that, and heard nothing at all from college during July itself. I can no longer access my college email account from home (as I have been able to do all year), so I that's the end of my relationship with my college, I suppose!
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol ive already emailed my college about 3 times so better not email them again ive even emailed the exam board once im feeling particularly inpatient today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to say my college emailed my transcripts just now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad you're finally sorted. Now you can kick back and relax for a bit. I stuffed myself with Indian food to celebrate my results coming through!
Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice
I'm glad you're finally sorted. Now you can kick back and relax for a bit. I stuffed myself with Indian food to celebrate my results coming through!

I shall be enjoying a glass of presecco tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the name of your college?
Original post by O.Ozz
What is the name of your college?

westminster kingsway

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've received a certificate but no detailed transcript listing my credits. SHould I be expecting one?
Original post by myaccount
I've received a certificate but no detailed transcript listing my credits. SHould I be expecting one?

With mine I got a grade profile which listed my grades as well. May be that your exam board does it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile
With mine I got a grade profile which listed my grades as well. May be that your exam board does it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, I see.
I did get a certificate listing my overall grades, but the requirements of my offers led me to believe that I would receive a breakdown of what each individual credit was as opposed to one overall grade for each unit. Is that something I should be expecting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending