The Student Room Group

When do guys lose their looks?

If we work on the assumption that a young man and a young woman try and do everything they can to maintain their good looks, excluding surgery, I think women start to lose their looks by the age of 30 and definitely by about 35 - with a few exceptions. What about men? I would say they stay good looking for much longer.

Not that guys need to look good cos girls all want money but that's besides the point.

Scroll to see replies

Ever heard of the saying, men age like wine, women age like milk?

Ever wondered why you don't get young guys with old women but young girls with old men?
Original post by Scienceisgood

Ever wondered why you don't get young guys with old women but young girls with old men?

No my friend, this is just because of that money.jpg
Women start to degrade by their mid twenties, and men when they reach their late seventies.
women peak at about 20, men at about 30-35
Saw this hot guy today on my ward who was visiting a friend of his. He said he's only 30 but he's so young looking and yummy. He's my new daddy figure :wink:
My mum is 35/36 and everyone says she's beautiful. And I think so too. She looks pretty young. But to be honest, I think it runs in the family since my grandma is 56 and everyone thinks she is my mum's sister.

Overall though, I think guys stay good looking much longer than girls. Guys probably hit their peak late twenties and early thirties in my opinion, and it starts declining once they get to their forties.
Original post by queen-bee
Saw this hot guy today on my ward who was visiting a friend of his. He said he's only 30 but he's so young looking and yummy. He's my new daddy figure :wink:

Are you a doctor?!
Reply 8
A guy can model well into his thirties. A girl's modelling career is practically over before they reach thirty.
Original post by Adipoptosis
Are you a doctor?!

No
Late thirties for most unless you are rich/healthy
When your first grey hair shows

Only joking
About 35-40
Reply 12
Original post by Liquid Harvest
Women start to degrade by their mid twenties, and men when they reach their late seventies.

I'd say 60 onwards. White hair, bald guys 40+ are attractive, provided they are manly. But few men can remain manly after 60.

After 60, a man is judged successful if he has achieved something worthwhile and is the Patriarch of a large family, but he isn't a "competitor" anymore, but a leader and guide.
Men probably start declining at 50

Women start declining at late twenties
I'd give both women and men 40 - 45 at a stretch. Obviously, peak ages are a lot younger, but on average this is where most people stop being good looking.
Original post by queen-bee

So their is truth to women liking older men then?
Reply 16
my dad is 50+ and looks 30 even though he's smoked for like 20 years- I think it's just genes. So it depends on the person you can't really say when someone will lose their looks.
Original post by Scienceisgood

Never heard that before but I'm going to use it all the time now
Too subjective to give an accurate answer, as it varies from person-to-person
Original post by jshep000
No my friend, this is just because of that money.jpg

dat money tho

Quick Reply

Latest