The Student Room Group

A level biology

Just wanted to know if A level biology is hard. Thanks
Reply 1
p**** easy to understand but there's a lot of rote learning and memorising
Reply 2
Original post by AQASUX
what did you get for A level biology and what did you get for double/triple science at gcse
Original post by AQASUX

THIS^
Reply 4
Original post by Willrichards101
THIS^
what???
Original post by Relativity_

What's your exam board? I did AQA and it's not easy but you need to memorise a lot of information! The ISA is the worst bit IMO - it's also difficult to gain marks if you haven't memorised the mark schemes because you need to write specific mark scheme words to get the mark e.g. Enzyme-substrate complex is required for a mark and not just 'enzyme.' I absolutely love biology though, it's my favourite subject just sadly the exams were awful this year
Reply 6
Original post by Sacred Ground
What's your exam board? I did AQA and it's not easy but you need to memorise a lot of information! The ISA is the worst bit IMO - it's also difficult to gain marks if you haven't memorised the mark schemes because you need to write specific mark scheme words to get the mark e.g. Enzyme-substrate complex is required for a mark and not just 'enzyme.' I absolutely love biology though, it's my favourite subject just sadly the exams were awful this year
I think my college in September will still do edexcel for biology and what did you end up getting for A level biology?
AQA Biology Easier than chem and phys, grade boundary ridiculously low. I got 300/300 in AS. It's mostly memory work and past papers.
Reply 8
Original post by AndyChow
AQA Biology Easier than chem and phys, grade boundary ridiculously low. I got 300/300 in AS. It's mostly memory work and past papers.
what about edexcel??
Anyone did wjec?
I think my college in September will still do edexcel for biology and what did you end up getting for A level biology?

I won't know until results day haha
Reply 11
what did you get for A level biology and what did you get for double/triple science at gcse

Just finished AS so haven't got result but i did igcse which is seperated by subject and got an A* in biology

Content is okay and quite interesting but exam mark schemes are super difficult to compensate. E.g. In a practice paper I answered the question "How to plants obtain energy" I explained photosynthesis but failed to specifically say 'Light Energy' so didn't get the marks :'(
Reply 13
I did the whole A-Level Biology (edexcel) in one year.
I found the content easy but the questions and mark schemes are often hard to get full marks. However the mark schemes are quite repetitive so I found it generally quite easy.
Done AS OCR biology this year
Found content easy to understand and exam wasn't anything too difficult it's just a lot of memory work imo. And the long answer questions in the exam are what I hate most

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest