The Student Room Group

Dear short people.

Due to the fact that you are under a certain height you are considered cute/adorable (^_^)

There isn't anything that can be done about it unless you have surgery so therefore you will most likely remain cute/adorable.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Im 5'6 and look like a pedo (or so ive been told)

So unless pedos look cute to you, i have to disagree with the OP
Not really, if you choke Human Growth Hormones one tablet a day you can still grow taller. Your topic is just so random, also there are people with abnormal limb growth.
Original post by AndyChow
Not really, if you choke Human Growth Hormones one tablet a day you can still grow taller. Your topic is just so random, also there are people with abnormal limb growth.

Isn't HGH illegal unless it's prescribed?
Original post by MylittlePlusle

Yes. So is cocaine, which is not hard to obtain,
Original post by Need2Study4Exam
Im 5'6 and look like a pedo (or so ive been told)

So unless pedos look cute to you, i have to disagree with the OP

Depends on the pedo, surely.
patronize

ˈpatrənʌɪz/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: patronising
treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority.
"‘She's a good-hearted girl,’ he said in a patronizing voice"
synonyms: treat condescendingly, treat with condescension, condescend to, look down on, talk down to, put down, humiliate, treat like a child, treat as inferior, treat with disdain, treat scornfully/contemptuously, be snobbish to, look down one's nose at More
frequent (a shop, restaurant, or other establishment) as a customer.
"he's a denizen of flashy pubs patronized by the underworld"
synonyms: do business with, buy from, shop at, be a customer of, be a client of, bring trade/custom to, deal with, trade with; More
Original post by AndyChow

*casually looks up HGH...*
Reply 9
Due to the fact that you are under a certain height you are considered cute/adorable (^_^)

There isn't anything that can be done about it unless you have surgery so therefore you will most likely remain cute/adorable so if someone calls you cut/adorable be thankful for it, they are saying something nice about you.

People find their own and other people's appearances fascinating. I guess it is the first impression one gets from a person. As such, if your height is noteworthy (either way), it will be noticed and commented upon.

Better to be relatively short than to be fat, spotty, scarred or birthmarked heavily, or just "ugly".

The other related human trait is that we will always be dissatisfied with aspects of our appearance, regardless of how good-looking we may be. I would advise you to focus on improving yourself in ways you can influence.

If someone is *that* short then I'm sure doctors would happily prescribe it
What is short to you could be different to what is short to me.
Original post by German123
What is short to you could be different to what is short to me.

4"11 is short unless you're 4"0 which is even more adorable then 4"11!
Original post by Furios
r u...retarded?..

No, I like cute widdle things.
Short people are cute! ^-^
People don't take me seriously because I'm short and look young for my age... and younger guys seem to like me which is really awkward :/
Original post by Champagne Supernova
patronize

ˈpatrənʌɪz/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: patronising
treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority.
"‘She's a good-hearted girl,’ he said in a patronizing voice"
synonyms: treat condescendingly, treat with condescension, condescend to, look down on, talk down to, put down, humiliate, treat like a child, treat as inferior, treat with disdain, treat scornfully/contemptuously, be snobbish to, look down one's nose at More
frequent (a shop, restaurant, or other establishment) as a customer.
"he's a denizen of flashy pubs patronized by the underworld"
synonyms: do business with, buy from, shop at, be a customer of, be a client of, bring trade/custom to, deal with, trade with; More

I can't help that I find anything small, cute/adorable There are reasons why small things are called cute.
Reply 16
No, I like cute widdle things.
Short people are cute! ^-^

While I agree that a lot of my friends who don't push past 5'4" could be considered cute, many of them aren't fond of being babytalked or treated as a small child. Never mind being picked up by us taller folk.

I wouldn't advise calling everyone shorter than you cute unless you're close with them and they're ok with you calling them that, otherwise it'll be taken as extremely patronising and they wouldn't like you very much.
I can't help that I find anything small, cute/adorable There are reasons why small things are called cute.

True, you cannot affect how you feel. However, you can affect how you communicate those feelings.

There isn't anything that can be done about it unless you have surgery so therefore you will most likely remain cute/adorable so if someone calls you cut/adorable be thankful for it, they are saying something nice about you.

I'm 6'2 and I would love to date someone lower than 5'7, but many of them feel intimidated. Do you know of any way to seem less intimidating?

Quick Reply

Latest