The Student Room Group

Choosing to self fund on NHS funded course

Hey!
So I'm looking in to a few NHS funded MSc courses now, some unis wrote on the sire that we can also be considered for self funded places on these courses though and subsequently have a slightly later application deadline.
My question is, does applying for the self funded places mean you will have higher chance of getting on the course? Either because of less competition, or because they are more lenient with you if you are willing to pay. Or are you judged with all the rest of the NHS funded applications too?
Original post by Sirinda
Hey!
So I'm looking in to a few NHS funded MSc courses now, some unis wrote on the sire that we can also be considered for self funded places on these courses though and subsequently have a slightly later application deadline.
My question is, does applying for the self funded places mean you will have higher chance of getting on the course? Either because of less competition, or because they are more lenient with you if you are willing to pay. Or are you judged with all the rest of the NHS funded applications too?

nope, if its NHS based then everyone presumably is assessed on the same things to get a place on the course so they cant be more lineint in their requirements. I think they might allow self funding purely so that international applicants are able to do it as well.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
nope, if its NHS based then everyone presumably is assessed on the same things to get a place on the course so they cant be more lineint in their requirements. I think they might allow self funding purely so that international applicants are able to do it as well.

Ahh ok, that makes sense! I hadn't considered international students.
Hi! Does anyone know if after the completition of a NHS funded Master you are obliged to work for the NHS?thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending