The Student Room Group

Anyone know when UCAS track update for IB students?

Hi guys if anyone know the definite answer to this I would appreciate a response.

I really want to know because I missed both offers for my firm and insurance and I have already emailed them, just waiting their replies. I need to know because the likely rejections I will get mean I will have to start looking into clearing and if both of my choices won't make a decision one way or another I can't.

I really don't want to wait until A Level result day because by then most courses/uni I am interested might not even be available anymore in clearing.

Thanks guys
Original post by StudentXL
Hi guys if anyone know the definite answer to this I would appreciate a response.

I really want to know because I missed both offers for my firm and insurance and I have already emailed them, just waiting their replies. I need to know because the likely rejections I will get mean I will have to start looking into clearing and if both of my choices won't make a decision one way or another I can't.

I really don't want to wait until A Level result day because by then most courses/uni I am interested might not even be available anymore in clearing.

Thanks guys

If you want a quick answer then you would be better off phoning your universities. The time to a decision will vary between subjects and universities so you have to ask directly.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you want a quick answer then you would be better off phoning your universities. The time to a decision will vary between subjects and universities so you have to ask directly.

Oh I don't mind to wait a few more days, I am just asking when does it usually update when IB results are available usually or will it always not update until A Level results are out?

Is there usually a trend every year or it is all random and it could change any day now?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Between 2-5 days I believe
Reply 4
Original post by Izu
Between 2-5 days I believe

Ah really? thank you if so I think I can wait a few more days until the end of this week at least
Reply 5
Ah really? thank you if so I think I can wait a few more days until the end of this week at least

Apparently some people have gotten updates already today. It probably depends on your course and how busy your Uni is. Good luck (:

Thanks guys

I've seen on here before that people have been kept waiting until A-Level results day yes (unless they've had an outright rejection), because thats when universities know how many places they have left for those who missed their offers. That said to be sure you need to drop an email to admissions or give them a ring to be sure.
Reply 7
Original post by jelly1000
I've seen on here before that people have been kept waiting until A-Level results day yes (unless they've had an outright rejection), because thats when universities know how many places they have left for those who missed their offers. That said to be sure you need to drop an email to admissions or give them a ring to be sure.

Oh alright thank you I will do :smile:
Reply 8
uppp anyone else from IB got updated on ucas yet? mine still haven't updated
Reply 9
I got mine today
Reply 10
Mine updated yesterday afternoon
uppp anyone else from IB got updated on ucas yet? mine still haven't updated

I checked in with UCAS and from their end everything is fine - once unis have made their decisions they will update Track so it's a case of sitting tight or giving them a call as PQ has suggested.
Reply 12
Original post by She-Ra
I checked in with UCAS and from their end everything is fine - once unis have made their decisions they will update Track so it's a case of sitting tight or giving them a call as PQ has suggested.

Oh OK thank you yep I am just checking with everyone to see if it is normal but it appears so. I have already contacted the unis and just waiting for their replies as I am afraid of being left in limbo for too long only to find out the worst scenario happened but too late to do anything about it.
I got the points I needed for my firm choice, and when I rang the uni they said they were still waiting for the results to be released to them? Not sure how it will work as my IB login shows UCAS as getting the results, so will UCAS then inform the uni?

Few questions but I'm a little confused as to the process.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending