The Student Room Group

Tel Aviv snapchat story

Have any of you seen today's snapchat live city's coverage? For those who aren't familiar with sc, every day/every few days snapchat live allows people living in cities across the globe to share snaps showing what it's like to live in their city. One day its NY, the next Dubai, Nairobi etc...
Today it was Tel Aviv's turn. As you can imagine, you have people outraged over this, saying it's disgusting and unacceptable that there are snaps showing people enjoying life on the beach whilst the city was built on stolen Palestinian land etc...

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Tel Aviv appears before Beirut?!! Unacceptable tbh
These people need Jesus.never will I step foot in Israel
@childofthesun
Original post by queen-bee
@childofthesun

Reckon we should get a Gaza live snapchat story, don't you? Let's see the stark contrast in lifestyles...
It's a city yes? Therefore it gets a snapchat story

Posted from TSR Mobile
I clicked 'Hide Story' without watching :u:
Original post by Law-Hopeful

:yep: :yep: :yep:
Modern day apartheid. Keeping the Palestinians at bay.
Original post by childofthesun
Tel Aviv appears before Beirut?!! Unacceptable tbh

Hahahaha yh I'm still waiting for Beirut..
Original post by queen-bee
@childofthesun

Ngl I watched every second

Do you not think that it's very easy to demonise Israel, forgetting that there are normal people living there,with normal lives, many of whom have nothing to do with the current oppression of the Palestinians, in fact many of them oppose it.. The SC story seemed to demonstrate that to me
wouldnt be interesting to see Syria's Snapchat live coverage :redface:
Literally any time anything vaguely Israeli is portrayed in anything other than an overwhelmingly negative light, people start frothing at the mouth. It's pathetic.
The ladies were on point though :h:
Apparently today is going to be West Bank! A lot of people were protesting for snap chat to feature Palestine, and they listened
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Apparently today is going to be West Bank! A lot of people were protesting for snap chat to feature Palestine, and they listened

It's up now
Reply 14
How dare people who were born in a legitimate country enjoy their lives?

The hypocrisy is ludicrous. We're all happy to write off the atrocities committed to colonise Australia (my country) up until the 1970s, the ****e that happened in Former Yugoslavia 20-25 years ago, what's happening in Eastern Europe right now as human nature.

The minute we hit the Jews and/or Muslims, people lose their ****.

If anything, I'm glad to see regular people in regular countries enjoying their lives without the media glare telling us what to think. Very happy to hear that West Bank is up next.

Make no mistake, a regular Tel Aviv citizen has about as much to do with the Israel/Palestine conflict as your regular Russian citizen and Ukraine.
Many congrats! A powerful political statement. May I ask where you live? I hope its not in a traditionally allied country, otherwise your logic states that you and I have the blood of ten thousand Iraqis and Afghanis on our hands in the last decade alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
i always hide those pointless stories.
I find them interesting to watch. Watching people get so offended by those who've got no connection to the conflict is embarrassing.
No normal human being would see a bunch of Israeli citizens, just going to beaches and doing normal things and take it as a grave insult.

Imagine a White person who saw Muslims doing normal things, enjoying family life, going on holiday who suddenly blows his top and says it's unacceptable - you would tell him to piss off to the BNP, yet Muslims behave in the same way and think it is normal and acceptable.

Original post by MrDystopia
I find them interesting to watch. Watching people get so offended by those who've got no connection to the conflict is embarrassing.

This, but it's worrying.

These people genuinely think that it's OK to hate random Israel citizens.

It is like a hardcore racist who attacks innocent Muslims over IS or 7/7, but at the same time, I feel that modern society gives the anti-Jewish/anti-Israeli hatred more of a free pass, because the left views Muslims as a disadvantaged group which needs protecting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
I'm against the occupation of Palestine, but I watched both the Tel Aviv snapchats and the West Bank ones. I found it fascinating to compare the two, and the type of lifestyle and landscape portrayed respectively. I think that in itself speaks heaps.
Reply 19
Original post by Talus
I'm against the occupation of Palestine, but I watched both the Tel Aviv snapchats and the West Bank ones. I found it fascinating to compare the two, and the type of lifestyle and landscape portrayed respectively. I think that in itself speaks heaps.

This is the right way to go about it - presuming of course that you don't honestly believe that Israel should give back the entire piece of land to Palestine.... No doubt there is much to cover re. the conflict and a two state solution, but you'd have to be a bit of a donkey to think that regular Israeli citizens don't have the right to go to the beach or whatever.

I haven't watched it yet, but I assume they aren't drinking Palestinian blood and stealing shekels out of charity boxes?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest