The Student Room Group

Tel Aviv snapchat story

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Halla! Didn't know you had one... If I did, I would of been the first to post.

I have I have but it's gone quiet. Where are you from?
Original post by queen-bee
I have I have but it's gone quiet. Where are you from?

English & Egyptian. You?
English & Egyptian. You?

Syrian and Italian
Please stop making excuses for your murderous government. No innocent Palestinian deserves to die. Stop attacking the Gaza Strip,stop occupying the gaza strip. Maybe then they wouldn't fight back. Right now they're living like animals,no human deserves to live that way. Your governments need to stop all the savagery and stop using Hamas as a scape goat to kill Arabs

They are not excuses. They are causes. And then come the consequences. No innocent Palestinian deserves to die. But neither should some (I emphasise this word) 'innocent Palestinians' hide weapons in their houses. Neither should Hamas fire missiles from highly populated areas to maximise number of civilian deaths.
But they are both true and Israel will not sacrifice it's security for the sake of human shields. 'Roof-knocking' is a very respectable attempt of the IDF to minimise civilian deaths, but unfortunately is completely pointless if people do not leave their houses when warned.
Do you seriously believe Israel has some sort of sadistic obsession with killing Arabs? Like it enjoys sacrificing its soldiers? Do you think Israelis drink Palestinian blood and that an Israeli's kid's favourite game is 'Kill The Palestinian'? Of course not. You'd have to be frankly insane to believe Israel wants to kill Palestinians.
(edited 8 years ago)
Syrian and Italian

Helwa awi
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
They are not excuses. They are causes. And then come the consequences. No innocent Palestinian deserves to die. But neither should some (I emphasise this word) 'innocent Palestinians' hide weapons in their houses. Neither should Hamas fire missiles from highly populated areas to maximise number of civilian deaths.
But they are both true and Israel will not sacrifice it's security for the sake of human shields. 'Roof-knocking' is a very respectable attempt of the IDF to minimise civilian deaths, but unfortunately is completely pointless if people do not leave their houses when warned.
Do you seriously believe Israel has some sort of sadistic obsession with killing Arabs? Like it enjoys sacrificing its soldiers? Do you think Israelis drink Palestinian blood and that an Israeli's kid's favourite game is 'Kill The Palestinian'? Of course not. You'd have to be frankly insane to believe Israel wants to kill Palestinians.

Tell that to Ayelet Shaked who calls for the genocide of the Palestinian people and believes every Palestinian woman will only "give birth to snakes" and must therefore be killed.
Tell that to Ayelet Shaked who calls for the genocide of the Palestinian people and believes every Palestinian woman will only "give birth to snakes" and must therefore be killed.

Some Israelis have even gone on to say that Arabs deserve to die. This isn't new. They dislike Arabs completely but yet use Hamas as an excuse
Some Israelis have even gone on to say that Arabs deserve to die. This isn't new. They dislike Arabs completely but yet use Hamas as an excuse

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11599932/New-Israeli-justice-minister-notorious-for-anti-Palestinian-rhetoric-given-bodyguard-after-Nazi-death-threats.html
Original post by childofthesun
As threads related to Israel usually do

Rumour has it today will be Beirut

So one Israeli has said that they dislike Arabs and now suddenly that means that Israel's military objective is to kill all the Arabs?

Israel hands out leaflets regularly to warn civilians that they are about to attack a military target. And they fire a warning before any bomb is dropped, giving civilians a chance to easily escape. So either Israel is really bad at trying to "Kill or the Arabs" or perhaps you'd might like to consider the revolutionary idea that Israel is trying to defend itself whilst minimizing civilian casualties

There might be the odd Israeli that has hatred towards Palestinians (most likely due to the constant rocket fire into Israel), but it is the GOVERNING BODIES of the West Bank and Gaza that have hatred towards Israel AND Jews rather than just a couple of deranged individuals.

Hamas say in their constitution that "The Day of Judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say, 'O Muslim, O servant of God, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

Does that possibly sound anti-Semitic to you?

And the PLO aren't much better with Abbas being an avid Holocaust denier and with him forming unity governments with the aforementioned terrorist and anti-Semitic group Hamas.

And these are the groups Israel are supposed to be negotiating with.

Hope this clears some things up for you Queen Bee (sorry if it doesn't fit with your Jew-hating demonisation agenda)
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Yeah man the LGBT community has freedom in Israel so that totally justifies Israel's massacre on Gaza. Yay LGBT people!

It's an example of why Israel is a more successful society than Gaza. Gaza wants death to Israel, death to gays, death to freedom. Israel wants democracy, enlightenment, capitalism.
Well today its west bank snapchat story

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Well today its west bank snapchat story

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep and they showed a snapchat of someone describing the security wall as an "apartheid wall" which is not only factually incorrect and trivializes Pre 1994 South Africa, but also shows snapchat getting involved in politics when it shouldn't be. But there's no outrage about that whereas the Tel Aviv story got so many closet racists riled up.
If you attack Israel, then you can say what you want apparently.
Original post by PPEmachine
Yep and they showed a snapchat of someone describing the security wall as an "apartheid wall" which is not only factually incorrect and trivializes Pre 1994 South Africa, but also shows snapchat getting involved in politics when it shouldn't be. But there's no outrage about that whereas the Tel Aviv story got so many closet racists riled up.
If you attack Israel, then you can say what you want apparently.

snapchat allows people to post whatever they feel like and this inevitably leads to people voicing their opinions. Also it is a landmark and this is what the snapchat stories try and show.
Original post by frances98
snapchat allows people to post whatever they feel like and this inevitably leads to people voicing their opinions. Also it is a landmark and this is what the snapchat stories try and show.

Yeah I'm not arguing that people shouldn't be able to make snapchats about whatever they please. I'm arguing that snapchat could have chosen any of a number of snaps about the security wall that were not political in nature. The fact they chose to publicly display one that was overtly political, offensive and incorrect was poor on their part and this should have received more outrage than the Tel Aviv story which just showed ordinary Israeli citizens living their lives.

Snapchat filter what goes into their stories so by not filtering this snapchat, they are as much as endorsing it and thus taking a political position they, as an independent organization, should not take.
Original post by PPEmachine
So one Israeli has said that they dislike Arabs and now suddenly that means that Israel's military objective is to kill all the Arabs?

Israel hands out leaflets regularly to warn civilians that they are about to attack a military target. And they fire a warning before any bomb is dropped, giving civilians a chance to easily escape. So either Israel is really bad at trying to "Kill or the Arabs" or perhaps you'd might like to consider the revolutionary idea that Israel is trying to defend itself whilst minimizing civilian casualties

There might be the odd Israeli that has hatred towards Palestinians (most likely due to the constant rocket fire into Israel), but it is the GOVERNING BODIES of the West Bank and Gaza that have hatred towards Israel AND Jews rather than just a couple of deranged individuals.

Hamas say in their constitution that "The Day of Judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say, 'O Muslim, O servant of God, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

Does that possibly sound anti-Semitic to you?

And the PLO aren't much better with Abbas being an avid Holocaust denier and with him forming unity governments with the aforementioned terrorist and anti-Semitic group Hamas.

And these are the groups Israel are supposed to be negotiating with.

Hope this clears some things up for you Queen Bee (sorry if it doesn't fit with your Jew-hating demonisation agenda)

Stop spreading lies about Israel having "good intentions".
What is ACTUALLY happening behind the curtains can be seen below.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49331615
Original post by seohyun
Stop spreading lies about Israel having "good intentions".
What is ACTUALLY happening behind the curtains can be seen below.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49331615

Thanks for not responding or making reference to anything I said.

No one is claiming Israel is perfect, but they go to much greater lengths to protect civilians than any other army in the history of time has done and certainly do much more than Hamas who are happy to see their people die in order to gain an advantage in the propaganda war. Again if you have any specific issues with what I posted then I'll be happy to address them but a proper response is preferable to link posting.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Have any of you seen today's snapchat live city's coverage? For those who aren't familiar with sc, every day/every few days snapchat live allows people living in cities across the globe to share snaps showing what it's like to live in their city. One day its NY, the next Dubai, Nairobi etc...
Today it was Tel Aviv's turn. As you can imagine, you have people outraged over this, saying it's disgusting and unacceptable that there are snaps showing people enjoying life on the beach whilst the city was built on stolen Palestinian land etc...

Thoughts?

I'm sure the Iroquois are up-in-arms over New York.

Quick Reply

Latest