The Student Room Group

Were You Born After 1995 ?

"Born after 1995 ? This is a phone box." .
A phone booth in a London street "mocks" people of the new generation who are aged below 20.

(Apparently, for being used to modern technological advances ...or for - presumably - being out of touch - or unfamiliar with - the previously common features of everyday life).

I thought this was something curious and rather interesting and amusing and decided to take some pictures of it. Then I thought I would share it here.

The attached photo - taken by me on 25 June 2015 in West London, UK.

The phone booth with the poster - found by me.

Many thanks for reading and viewing the picture !
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

nope - 93
over here. and its fine. i think they meant it as a joke.
Reply 3
94 :cool:
Yep, 1997 and I know perfectly fine what it is. It is obsolete technology, only useful for finding prostitutes numbers. The only phone box that we should care about travels in time and space.
'99, hence my username.
99 and I don't know what that is? I don't understand how a box can be a phone? It's not even a box ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by knightandday
over here. and its fine. i think they meant it as a joke.

Nope. This was a daring sarcastic dig at teenagers !
Just kidding! Yes sure, I think so too, they probably did. :smile:
I was born im 1998 and I know what a phone box is, as well as floppy disks and cassettes...

Old people, why u think we stupid

Smh
Reply 10
Original post by Sarah1999
'99, hence my username.

1983 here. So.. I DO know how to use those ! He he he !..
And nice to meet you Sarah ! :redface: I finished my GCSEs that year.
Reply 12
Reply 13

Not sure if something similar had ever been here in this country (it probably had I would imagine) but I even seem to remember - from my childhood years in Moscow USSR/Russia, when street telephones had a rotating disk dialling system in them (just like home phones too actually) instead of pushing buttons. In other words, you would put your finger inside a round whole with the relevant digit you wanted, then you would drag it down spinning the disk until it touched some metal thing and would then let it go. And so on until you have dialled the whole number.
Probably none of you remember something like that in the streets ever. A by gone era... Nevertheless, I do - just from another country. Only vaguely so though - I have started forgetting it myself by now. I wonder if Any country in the world nowadays still has those old type telephones / public phone boxes in use.
Reply 14
Original post by Vlad83
Not sure if something similar had ever been here in this country (it probably had I would imagine) but I even seem to remember - from my childhood years in Moscow USSR/Russia, when street telephones had a rotating disk dialling system in them (just like home phones too actually) instead of pushing buttons. In other words, you would put your finger inside a round whole with the relevant digit you wanted, then you would drag it down spinning the disk until it touched some metal thing and would then let it go. And so on until you have dialled the whole number.
Probably none of you remember something like that in the streets ever. A by gone era... Nevertheless, I do - just from another country. Only vaguely so though - I have started forgetting it myself by now. I wonder if Any country in the world nowadays still has those old type telephones / public phone boxes in use.

Not used or seen one, but I know of their existence. I still use a Sega Megadrive:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1992 tho
'99 and I've never seen something like that. So ancient. Anyone pre '95 should be on pensions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sarah1999
'99, hence my username.

Original post by Ad109
99 and I don't know what that is? I don't understand how a box can be a phone? It's not even a box ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

#'99Crew :cool:
Reply 18
Original post by Imperion
'99 and I've never seen something like that. So ancient. Anyone pre '95 should be on pensions.

See? That is what I was talking about in my disk phones description there.
Haha! Ancient! Lol.
And as to pensions.. so then have you got any idea by any chance as to when I am going to start receiving mine? Still have not, hmm.. what a delay. Shame. :s-smilie:
Original post by Imperion
#'99Crew :cool:

Fellow Gemini

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending