The Student Room Group

Are gay guys who want relationships in the minority?

Hey everyone,

I have just finished my first year at Uni, and one thing I cannot help but notice is that the majority of gay guys are just interested in sleeping around.

Lesbians from my experience seem far more relationship inclined.

I know that a lot of straight guys do just 'sleep around', but majority of straight guys I know have, or are at least interested in having a girlfriend.

It sucks being in the minority of gay guys who actually are more relationship inclined.

Now some of you may disagree with me, but this is all from my personal experience. I just feel that there is this culture among a large proportion of gay guys which just involves sleeping around.

Opinions please! Any others agree with me?
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone,

I have just finished my first year at Uni, and one thing I cannot help but notice is that the majority of gay guys are just interested in sleeping around.

I know that a lot of straight guys do just 'sleep around', but majority of straight guys I know have, or are at least interested in having a girlfriend.

It sucks being in the minority of gay guys who actually are more relationship inclined.

Now some of you may disagree with me, but this is all from my personal experience. I just feel that there is this culture among a large proportion of gay guys which just involves sleeping around.

There are a significant proportion of gay men, especially on the scene, that only desire casual sex, but there is also a sizeable proportion of gay men who want relationships. I for one prefer relationships.
Bump :smile:

After 2 minutes? Chill out. :erm:
The difference is probably the amount of access to casual sex gay guys have. A relationship is a lot more appealing when the alternative is a couple of random shags a year.
Reply 5
Original post by Mad Vlad
There are a significant proportion of gay men, especially on the scene, that only desire casual sex, but there is also a sizeable proportion of gay men who want relationships. I for one prefer relationships.

I feel that this sizeable proportion are a minority for sure though.

Are you at uni?
Reply 6
Original post by Mankytoes
The difference is probably the amount of access to casual sex gay guys have. A relationship is a lot more appealing when the alternative is a couple of random shags a year.

Yes I see what you mean, but gay guys in the minority.
If I go out clubbing with my straight friends, assuming we aren't going to a gay club, the odds of me pulling is incredibly low!

I think straight guys definitely have more access to one nighters, purely because there are more straight girls than gay guys.
no
Reply 8
Original post by Mad Vlad
After 2 minutes? Chill out. :erm:

I usually bump my threads so they show on the front page quicker :smile:
I feel that this sizeable proportion are a minority for sure though.

Are you at uni?

No, I graduated 4 years ago.
Hey everyone,

I understand what you mean. perhapsy ou could look at online dating? From my very brief experience, a lot of men there are after soerthing meaningful
Yes I see what you mean, but gay guys in the minority.
If I go out clubbing with my straight friends, assuming we aren't going to a gay club, the odds of me pulling is incredibly low!

I think straight guys definitely have more access to one nighters, purely because there are more straight girls than gay guys.

I mean with Grindr and stuff, obviously in a straight club there are more straight girls, but I know gauge guys have access to pretty much unlimited random sex if they want it.
Original post by Mankytoes
I mean with Grindr and stuff, obviously in a straight club there are more straight girls, but I know gauge guys have access to pretty much unlimited random sex if they want it.

Fair enough I see your point. Don't see why people would want to live like that though. Random hook-ups on an app!
Hey everyone,

I also do prefer to be in a relationship
Yeah I know fun is alway good but being in a relationship is much better.🙂

Latest

Trending

Trending