The Student Room Group

Are there any virgins left?

Everyone I talk to has either lost their virginity before marriage or is keen on doing so. Many of my friends find this idea of waiting very old school. Why has it become such a priority to have a bf/gf as soon as we hit puberty regardless of whether they love each other or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mysticlove21
Everyone I talk to has either lost their virginity before marriage or is keen on doing so. Many of my friends find this idea of waiting very old school. Why has it become such a priority to have a bf/gf as soon as we hit puberty regardless of whether they love each other or not?

yeah, I am
You've come to the right place.

Although not necessarily for those who are simply "waiting".

"waiting" is a very stupid thing to do.
Original post by Anonymous
yeah, I am

Im presuming you're a girl?
Im presuming you're a girl?

Indeed
You're on TSR. Plenty of virgins here lol.
Dude or dudette.
It's probably your bed time now; just hurry along and head off to bed to nod off - don't worry about such trivial things. :wink:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Dude or dudette.
It's probably your bed time now; just hurry along and head off to bed to nod off - don't worry about such trivial things. :wink:

I'm a 17 year old guy. Is that bad nowadays? :badger:
Reply 8

No, I'm a wh*re, a sl*t, a th*t, a bit*h. I'm everything you've been warned against.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 17 year old guy. Is that bad nowadays? :badger:

Sorry for the badger, it caught my eye
The idea of waiting is based on religion. As this fades more and more from daily life so will the prevalence of saving yourself for marriage. I find it foolish to wait personally. Sex is pretty cool, and I see no reason to actively restrict yourself from positive experiences.
Original post by TorpidPhil
You've come to the right place.

Although not necessarily for those who are simply "waiting".

"waiting" is a very stupid thing to do.

Yeah i agree that at some point you have to put yourself out there and not just wait all your life, but there has to be a purpose and direction in the relationship, which is so rare, but its still acceptable.
I'm a virgin, your a virgin, we're all virgins!

Anyone can be a virgin if they want to be, even if your not a virgin.:smile:
I'm asexual. No drive or want to. :smile:
Yeah i agree that at some point you have to put yourself out there and not just wait all your life, but there has to be a purpose and direction in the relationship, which is so rare, but its still acceptable.

What's wrong with random sex with someone without getting romantically involved?
No.
I needed their blood for a ritual to get me into university. They unfortunately all died in the process :/
Original post by RainbowKiwi
You're on TSR. Plenty of virgins here lol.

Lol..i wouldnt know, Im new on here
Lol..i wouldnt know, Im new on here

Ahh then welcome :smile:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Dude or dudette.

Its dudette actually...and its way too early to sleep now. Trivial? Dont seem like that.
Its dudette actually...and its way too early to sleep now. Trivial? Dont seem like that.

Like I said. One or the other..
Anyways do you honestly think you can't find many people who aren't virgins?

You're not being realistic if you do. There's more than plenty; in fact someone else said something sensible about it above somewhere too - this forum is a good example.
No need to fret.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending