The Student Room Group

Too many girls below my level - am I being too demanding?

As a well-off, well-educated, quite good looking guy with a fantastic personality I am finding more and more that there are too many girls who i just cannot go out with.

This is my thought process with girls.

No fat girls, BMI has to be less than 23.

She must be well-educated - Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/Edinburgh/Durham/Imperial/UCL that kind of thing and has to have a 2.1 or working towards one in something worthwhile like Medicine, Law, History, Biology

She has to be polite and well-mannered and from a reasonably good family.

She must be at least 3 years younger than me so we can have loads of children.

She must have a nice face - like I don't mind if she's not beautiful but she at least has to have a pleasant face with no acne, excess hair, teeth missing etc

She mustn't be too tall (taller than me) or shorter than 5ft 3in since I am 6ft 2.

And most of all she has to be interesting to talk to. I don't want a girl who just spends her time talking about "her ex" or colouring her nails.

But that's all I want. And I have found one girl like that in a year and she rejected me. Surely there are others or is it time to lower my standards?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"quite good looking"

Was that your face you had as your avatar earlier?
Original post by Adipoptosis
As a well-off, well-educated, quite good looking guy with a fantastic personality I am finding more and more that there are too many girls who i just cannot go out with.

She must be well-educated - Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/Edinburgh/Durham/Imperial/UCL and has to have a 2.1 or working towards one in something worthwhile like Medicine, Law, History, Biology. Would be Ok with politics but only from Oxbridge.

She has to be polite and well-mannered and from a reasonably respectful family.

She must have a nice face - like I don't mind if she's not beautiful but she at least has to have a pleasant face with no acne, excess hair, teeth missing etc

She mustn't be too tall (taller than me) or shorter than 5ft 3in since I am 6ft 2.

And most of all she has to be interesting to talk to. I don't want a girl who just spends her time talking about "her ex" or colouring her nails.

But that's all I want. And I have found one girl like that in a year and she rejected me. Surely there are others or is it time to lower my standards?

Without being blunt, you sound snooty, arrogant and narrow-minded. Not sure how many girls are interested in that (bar Katie Hopkins)
Here's the attention you oh so desire.

This is going to be you, OP.
Original post by darkred
"quite good looking"

Was that your face you had as your avatar earlier?

Yeh I'm 6ft 2, slim, I'm quite good looking! Honestly

7/10

I don't lift tho
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dark Elixir
Here's the attention you oh so desire.

Your standards are too low.
Original post by banoffeee
Without being blunt, you sound snooty, arrogant and narrow-minded. Not sure how many girls are interested in that (bar Katie Hopkins)

It's not like I fill out the check list in front of them!
Do you ask to check degree certificates and look up her father in Who's Who before or after the first date?

She must be well-educated - Oxbridge/LSE/Warwick/Edinburgh/Durham/Imperial/UCL and has to have a 2.1 or working towards one in something worthwhile like Medicine, Law, History, Biology. Would be Ok with politics but only from Oxbridge.

She has to be polite and well-mannered and from a reasonably respectful family.

"Am I being too demanding?"
Simply put: yes.
The BMI thing...I'm not even gonna go there, tbh.
Education..."something worthwhile" is a little narrow-minded. What if she wanted to be a teacher or something? Is that not worthwhile? Or are you simply thinking of whichever degree will lead to the most money?
3 years younger than you...how old are you?

I assume you're more or less everything you described in your checklist. Is that truly the case?

Starting to wonder why your perfect girl rejected you...

Spoiler

Original post by Quantex
Do you ask to check degree certificates and look up her father in Who's Who before or after the first date?

No. So I don't care about this who's who stuff. As long as it's a decent family that do respectable things it's cool. Like I don't want to be dating the daughter of some guy who makes a living selling counterfeit iPhones from a van. And I'm terms of the degree/university - it's a broad guide - I want an intelligent girl. I reckon I'm an intelligent guy and so i want someone who is on the level as me in conversations.
Yeh I'm 6ft 2, slim, I'm quite good looking! Honestly

7/10

I don't lift tho

what if you find this perfect girl and she's only got one arm? Then what?
With an attitude and expectations like that, I won't be surprised if you stayed single for a long time lol.
Original post by darkred
what if you find this perfect girl and she's only got one arm? Then what?

yoive turned this into some kind of philosophical question! The answer. Is that I wouldnt overlook a girl
Because of her disabilities
yoive turned this into some kind of philosophical question! The answer. Is that I wouldnt overlook a girl
Because of her disabilities

What if she's got a massive foot fetish and demands to lick your toes every day?

No fat girls

She must be well-educated

She has to be polite and well-mannered

She mustn't be too tall (taller than me)

Done. Thank me l8r, allig8r. :u:
Original post by darkred
What if she's got a massive foot fetish and demands to lick your toes every day?

Woah woah woah, calm down a bit there XD
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Woah woah woah, calm down a bit there XD

when u have high demands like these u have to be able to compromise....
Original post by Mochassassin
"Am I being too demanding?"
Simply put: yes.
The BMI thing...I'm not even gonna go there, tbh.
Education..."something worthwhile" is a little narrow-minded. What if she wanted to be a teacher or something? Is that not worthwhile? Or are you simply thinking of whichever degree will lead to the most money?
3 years younger than you...how old are you?

I assume you're more or less everything you described in your checklist. Is that truly the case?

Starting to wonder why your perfect girl rejected you...

Spoiler

Nothing wrong the the BMI thing. As someone who spends a lot of time at the gym/keeping fit then you should be able to expect the same from a prospective partner without being ridiculed.

Latest