The Student Room Group

Woman get's a taste of gender equality

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They should both be charged. If she gets of the hook I'm starting a petition.
It's normal to squeeze past people in a crowded bar. Nobody has their own personal bubble in such a crowded place.

She did seem to be actively blocking him from getting to the bar on purpose too.

She then punched him in the face. He hit her back with a disproportional amount of force, though
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KingStannis
I just watched it again. He cannot get into that gap without touching others. There's nothing wrong that happens before she gets violent to him. The woman who he actually touches a lot to get passed doesn't react at all and moves out the way when she realises she's in the way.

then there was not enough room for him yet you can see he grabs the underside of the bar to pull himself forward into the gap that wasn't there

as I said he;'s using his size to force people out of the way and when someone defends their position the throws a right hook
Original post by Mark8346
It's normal to squeeze past people in a crowded bar. Nobody has their own personal bubble in such a crowded place.

She did seem to be actively blocking him from getting to the bar on purpose too.

She then punched him in the face. He hit her back with a disproportional amount of force, though

you can see he uses the bar to pull himself forward

this isn't the normal jockeying for position this is simply him forcing his way forward regardless of who was in the way
Reply 24
Watching closely it appears that both protagonists attempt to reach the bar simultaneously with the young lady just slipping in front of him. He appears to ask another lady who is blocking the bar to move to allow him to get to the bar, she makes a comment and appears to attempt to stop him reaching the bar before raising her fist at him he restrains, she is angry, throws a punch and gets one back. Presumably both were under the influence of alcohol but without knowing what happened off camera and what was actually said in my personal opinion her actions were what instigated the chain of events.

Whilst he has over-reacted if that was another man instead of a woman would we still consider it shocking? Violence is never the answer but if you're going to offer violence you've got to expect violence in return.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
She assaulted him first, aggressive female, hopefully she gets charged with assault
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PopaPork
and when someone defends their position the throws a right hook
Was she really "defending her position" by punching him in the face? Lets not play with words here. Call it what it was.
I support the gentleman as the bimbo bitch threw the first punch.
then there was not enough room for him yet you can see he grabs the underside of the bar to pull himself forward into the gap that wasn't there

as I said he;'s using his size to force people out of the way and when someone defends their position the throws a right hook

There's clearly space for two there. When he goes for that space she is, inadvertently or otherwise, taking up more space than is necessary. He brushes her out the way, as you do it a noisy bar when someone is in the way, and then she starts screaming in his face and assaults him. He, understandably, but unacceptably, in response to such provocation loses his cool and throws a light jab. And it is light, if you look at the technique (and the fact her first response to it is to sort out her hair). Both parties should get an equal wrist slapping.
Original post by Mark8346
Was she really "defending her position" by punching him in the face? Lets not play with words here. Call it what it was.

yes she was

would she have tried to defend her position if he wasn't forcing his way forward.

But if you see my first post you can see I have already said both are to blame however he did instigate the fight
There's clearly space for two there. When he goes for that space she is, inadvertently or otherwise, taking up more space than is necessary. He brushes her out the way, as you do it a noisy bar when someone is in the way, and then she starts screaming in his face and assaults him. He, understandably, but unacceptably, in response to such provocation loses his cool and throws a light jab. And it is light, if you look at the technique (and the fact her first response to it is to sort out her hair). Both parties should get an equal wrist slapping.

again I think we are watching different footage

he does not brush her out of the way

he grabs the bar to use as leverage to pull himself forward

but yes both are at fault but he did instigate the issue by forcing his way forward.
again I think we are watching different footage

he does not brush her out of the way

he grabs the bar to use as leverage to pull himself forward

but yes both are at fault but he did instigate the issue by forcing his way forward.

You do not instigate assault by making contact with someone. Victim blaming much?
You do not instigate assault by making contact with someone. Victim blaming much?

he clearly pins her against the bar. You can see this as he's using the bar a leverage to pin her forward. It is at this point she turns to confront him
Um, I'm pretty sure she should get an assault conviction and he should get let off. Just because someone pushed you out the way isn't a reason to punch them in the face, and he only punched her back because she provoked him.
Reply 34
yes she was

would she have tried to defend her position if he wasn't forcing his way forward.

But if you see my first post you can see I have already said both are to blame however he did instigate the fight

Haha he insitgated the fight yet she punched him first, he was trying to get to the bar and brushed past her as it was crowded...
Reply 35
He should be imprisoned for life and she should get a a Presidential pardon. She is a poor defenceless woman after all.
Original post by zigglr
Haha he insitgated the fight yet she punched him first, he was trying to get to the bar and brushed past her as it was crowded...

so you can't see where he grabs the bar to lever himself forward and pins her against the bar?
Reply 37
he clearly pins her against the bar. You can see this as he's using the bar a leverage to pin her forward. It is at this point she turns to confront him

I really have to disagree with your interpretation of events here. At NO POINT is she pinned to the bar, he doesn't appear to "use the bar as leverage to pin her" he simply appears to be reaching forward to secure the space at the bar opening to her left by the lady he asked to move and she turns to say something before DELIBERATELY trying to block his access to the bar. She appears aggressive right from the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
so you can't see where he grabs the bar to lever himself forward and pins her against the bar?

Whatever you see, it doesn't matter, she purposely assaulted him first
Original post by ackbar
I really have to disagree with your interpretation of events here. At NO POINT is she pinned to the bar, he doesn't appear to "use the bar as leverage to pin her" he simply appears to be reaching forward to secure the space at the bar opening to her left by the lady he asked to move and she turns to say something before DELIBERATELY trying to block his access to the bar. She appears aggressive right from the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

fine but I know what I can see at the 12 second point you can see he has grabbed the bar with his right hand and is using this leverage to pull himself forward (it is very clear at 13 seconds) and his right side is pushing against the woman at the bar and it is at this point she turns to him and he lets go of the bar with his right and uses this to push her out of his way.

it is at this point it kicks off

look at the end of the day I've said they are both wrong but he was acting like a dick and then threw a right hook at a women

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending