The Student Room Group

Let's create a TSR Buzzfeed article: A-level results panic

Scroll to see replies

I think it's really hard to do an article on this kind of thing, as everyone is different, but this is how my after A-level results time went.

1. Relief that sixth form was over.

2. Denial over what my results would be.

3. Pretending I wasn't going to uni at all because I'd made the wrong choice and just met a pretty awesome guy.

4. Panic as results day got closer about letting everyone down.

5. Results day, feeling relieved for about 10 minutes when I knew I had got into uni.

6. Panic that I actually had to go to uni.

However, my experience was probably pretty atypical, and most people who hadn't just applied to uni because they'd been pushed into it probably feel totally different. Applying second time around with actual results was so much nicer.
This is the sequence of my emotions from finishing exams to now:

1. Didn't really experience any relief after finishing my exams because I was so emotionally, mentally and physically drained from months of intense revision, still felt stressed and anxious for about 2 weeks aftewards.

2. Panic that I screwed all my exams up and frantically search threads on TSR seeing how everyone else felt about the exams

3. Reassurance that I probably actually did well considering the work I put in and my previous exam record is good

4. Osciallte back to sheer panic because what if I didn't actually get the grades I need, cue stewing in my own doubt for several days

5. Eventually shove it to the back of my mind because it's still over a month away and I have better things to do that constantly live in a state of dread, and resolve to eating ice cream whilst watching orange is the new black.
#~***Ignorance is bliss***~#
I'm living with the hope that if i try my hardest to forget about it, it will go away
Original post by missaxo
I'm living with the hope that if i try my hardest to forget about it, it will go away

Have you gone to any elaborate lengths to convince yourself it's not happening :biggrin:
I think I'm at the "bargaining" stage, hoping that Results Day would be full of happiness and deserved grades. (Even though, it's not always guaranteed lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Professor Oak
Have you gone to any elaborate lengths to convince yourself it's not happening :biggrin:

I just blur it out every day haha but when i come onto TSR and see all these posts about results day i cry a little inside
Having to remain positive or else going to be a blubbering mess for the next 30 days...
I think I've kind of accepted that if the results are pretty crap then oh well they're crap, can't do much about it now anyway :/
Currently:

Quick Reply

Latest