The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Balliol College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Welcome to the Balliol College Thread

News:
Welcome to the Balliol College Thread! Come and gaze upon the content of a thread for people interested in one of Oxford's oldest colleges.

About:

Official Website: www.balliol.ox.ac.uk
JCR Website: www.ballioljcr.org

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gen pel, Matt... some people call it a gel pen, I believe!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Glad you're on the ball enough to notice...
Reply 3
See you in October...
Sebbie, did I meet you at the interviews at Balliol? (My name is Joe and im a chemist if that helps)
Reply 5
Well... anything to save myself from working... being pedantic, tidying my room - whatever it takes to waste time!

And interviewee people, I probably met all of you...
Reply 6
Heartbreaker, you may well have done, did I speak to you about the reading/leeds festival in the dining room and were you the guy who had had no sleep the night before he came up?
CPchem, where you the guy who tried/failed to change the dvds and stuff at about 7pm each night.

Sebbie, sorry but that wasnt me :smile:. I wore a Newcastle Falcons Rugby Shirt for most of the time in Oxford if that helps.
Reply 8
Looks like i'll be going in october grades permitting. Im just wondering if i know anyone on here from the interviews (physics). Chris Fox? (that would be me). What do you guys study or have offers for? I'm Physics and Philosophy.
(And clearly the best college ;p)
Reply 9
English student here. See you all in October.
Reply 10
Yup, that was me.
And Chris is right... best college... by a long chalk (or whatever you measure college brilliance with?)
You've probably also picked the best college for PhysPhil - we're the only one with more than about two people doing it, I think! Normally, we have 4 per year, but this year, one of the straight physicists switched to PhysPhil, so we have 5.
Reply 11
wow, seems to be mostly scientists...english and history over here.
Reply 12
Balliol is fairly even between scientists/non-scientists.

I didn't meet any of you at interviews, because i'm far too uncharitable to help out. Though you probably all met my friend George (in charge of keys, Ginger...)

Not only do we have lots of Phys/Phil people (David Wallace is very pleased, as you can imagine) but they're also very good!

Any Maths/Phil? We're in short supply.
Reply 13
Heehee... George probably scared most of them off.

Ziggy... I have a vague feeling that I might have showed you to your room at interview... are you originally from Canada, or something?
Reply 14
Oh, I believ I met George. The red-headed mathematician, right?
Reply 15
Hey don't be mean about George he's lovely! And yes that would be him nonpareil.
Reply 16
Bekaboo
Hey don't be mean about George he's lovely! And yes that would be him nonpareil.

Hehe, I wasn't being mean per se. And I agree, he is lovely. I presume you're one of his hundreds of other-college friends? He is a vastly networked person.
Reply 17
a.o.o.c indeed.
Are there any other Oxford colleges worth mentioning?
Brasenose, they were cool enough to take me when Balliol crushingly rejected me!

And Trinity because they suck
Reply 19
cpchem
a.o.o.c indeed.
Are there any other Oxford colleges worth mentioning?

No.. don't think so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending