The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Fly By
can we talk about subjects outside what is being taught in lessons?

Of course...
Can i join? Have done the A'Level in a year, and really enjoy it!!

Possibly future career, education psychologist route to psychotherapist..
Reply 42
ok, i'm gonna ask this quietly so I don't get shouted at for being hypocritical, but I'd like to join (technically a society isn't a campaign so I'm alright lol). I'm doing it at degree level, and just finished my first year.
Reply 43
Hey there. I'd like to join! I'm doing it next year at St A's as a Bsc. and did it at Higher level last year.
I reply to jaimierwilliams- I'd say parapsychology is a respectable area of psychology as you can't ignore the fact that people's minds and behaviour are affected by things outside the norm. Even if these unnatural things do not exist, the belief that they exist influences a lot of people.
Another question is what evrybody's favourite studies and theories are? I like Jean Piaget's theories, such as the stages of childhood development as they seem very truthful. The study of the multiple personalities of 'Eve' by Thigpen and Cleckley is very interesting too.
I was wondering if you guys could help me with AQA (A) Psych module 5?

I am doing Debates for this paper: Psychology as a Science; Nature-Nurture; and Reductionism.

What studies can I include in these debates from other areas in my course that would be considered "synoptic"? Could you lot give me a few examples please? :smile:
Reply 45
Can I join please?
Reply 46
Could I join please?
course, just add to your signature
Add me too please, I love psychology, Its the most interesting subject, and Im going to be doing it in university also and hopefully have a career involving it. Imagine me as Dr Saba Filan. :biggrin:

Le gra BlueAngel xxx
hey :smile: im doing psychology too (last exam tomorrow!!!) and as long as i get the grades im doing it at uni in september.... anyone else?
my teacher's really tough on us so most of our class find it pretty tough but i hope the exam goes ok tomorrow.... ive got 3 exams from 1pm today til 3 pm tomorrow.... so that's like 26 hours.... and i havent done enough revision ... :eek: ooh well, fingers crossed!
princess-becca
hey :smile: im doing psychology too (last exam tomorrow!!!) and as long as i get the grades im doing it at uni in september.... anyone else?
my teacher's really tough on us so most of our class find it pretty tough but i hope the exam goes ok tomorrow.... ive got 3 exams from 1pm today til 3 pm tomorrow.... so that's like 26 hours.... and i havent done enough revision ... :eek: ooh well, fingers crossed!
I'm doing it next year!!
at birmingham...i can't wait!!
:smile:
Reply 51
I'll join.
Reply 52
Well... I'm not doing Psychology at uni, despite wanting to, however Plymouth Uni seem to think they are worth AB, so I'm stuck at Marjons doing Leisure & Tourism (theres some psych in it) with IT, but hey,. I'd still like to be on the list, I did it for A-Level...

Eva
Reply 53
Marie55

Another question is what evrybody's favourite studies and theories are? I like Jean Piaget's theories, such as the stages of childhood development as they seem very truthful. The study of the multiple personalities of 'Eve' by Thigpen and Cleckley is very interesting too.

ohhh, everypone seemed to do that apart from our college! I've read up a little bit about the two Eves and it seemed really interesting. My teacher got as far as letting us watch Sybil and then realised we hadn't been taught a great big chunk of the syllabus and we ended up doing the duller circadian/ultradian rhythms :frown:
Reply 55
Hey everyone! put me down for it too! Are loads of u guys and lasses hoping to study psych at uni then? :biggrin:
Who in year 12 has started coursework?? If so, what are you doing? or what have people who have just left yr13 done??
Reply 57
twinkledust
Who in year 12 has started coursework?? If so, what are you doing? or what have people who have just left yr13 done??

i thought about mine (maybe a bit) over the summer then got really into it in the autumn. our college did it really well though and gave us a deadline for each seperate section so you really couldn't make up all your results the night before (i did mine on swearing- and thus agression levels- in males and females)

lou xxx
Reply 58
AS one (not entered only a pratice) was on Stroop Effect.
And the A2 was on A study in to the determining factors in play behaviour of Pre-school children. "This is a study in to the determining factors in
play behaviour of pre-school children.
The aim of this study is to see whether or not pre-school children conform to stereotypical male/female play behaviour in a nursery.
To find this out I spent two days in a nursery observing and recording how pre-school children played.
I proved my hypothesis was true and achieved my aims, finding out that boys do have more masculine play behaviour and girls do have more feminine behaviour. Due to the age of the children I studied I believe it can be linked to evolutional factors as well as environmental factors."
Reply 59
My class did a research project on 'The effect of gender on IQ estimation' so we surveyed about 60 people in total and found that our hypothesis that males would give a higher IQ estimation than females to be correct (although only by a small margin). Writing up the project was a bit tedious for the most part but I enjoyed doing the discussion and finding other similar research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending