Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice one!! i would so want to know more about scientology hehe in an evil way of course
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    :eek: good for you though
    what year are you in?
    I'm in my second year - so I'll have to decide all of that soon! Altho I have NO idea on what I'm gonna do for my lit review or final project... >.<
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    i know the third year project is soo scary.i'm in my first year still but it's been playing on my mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Third year is really scary, I have been trying to think of a fun topic to do so I actually enjoy it but just not sure. Looking foward to picking my modules for next year though, I dont have to take anything boring, woop!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    next year being which year? :s: just to confirm.
    but yay you can pick your modules!
    i hate our new second year modules,one of them is history of psychology something something!
    and we have at least 2 9am's next year and no free days! :bawling:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Next year being my third and final year . Heh, Im with you there - our second semester modules are so much more boring than last term.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    eek!! i want to repeat first year over and over lol damn i thought you could choose modules in the second year? ah well..i guess i should be looking forward to third year,in a wierd sort of way...do you think taking a language up as well as doing psychology would be suicide or quite capable?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It probably depends on the uni, Mine its not till third year. Other unis have different subjects.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    why are they giving you the option of learning another language (for example) when you've got a dissertation to write?!
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    We don't get to choose our modules til 3rd year either, but at least we don't have a module called 'history of psychology' :P This term I've got cognition and cognitive neuroscience
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    we already do those xKTx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buenas noches Mesdames et Messieurs!
    I'd like to join, please...
    uhm...where do i need to sign...?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    go up the page to where it says 'Socs' look for the society and click add.
    i see you're applying to Notts! woo :party:
    IELTS 6.5? have you done it before? what do you think you'll get?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    go up the page to where it says 'Socs' look for the society and click add.
    i see you're applying to Notts! woo :party:
    IELTS 6.5? have you done it before? what do you think you'll get?
    honestly, i have no idea...never did it before! but i think 6.5 is quite reachable, at least i can ask for the way in english
    in any case i can do the test again...and again...and again...so i don't think it will be a problem
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeh but if you don't pass Notts might not take you. i know someone who didn't make the mark,and they were told that they couldn't get into the uni. oh and remember that the IELTS results only last for 2 years.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    ps: you are now an official member of the soc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeh but if you don't pass Notts might not take you. i know someone who didn't make the mark,and they were told that they couldn't get into the uni.
    oh, that's bad luck. so you can do the test just once?

oh and remember that the IELTS results only last for 2 years.
    what does that mean? i don't have to do the test again after 2 years of studying, do i?

ps: you are now an official member of the soc
    thanks a lot!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faye Valentine)
    oh, that's bad luck. so you can do the test just once?
    no no you can do it numerous times, but they only do it like twice in a year or something.

what does that mean? i don't have to do the test again after 2 years of studying, do i?
    what i meant is that, if you've already done the test and have gotten a score of about 6.5,then those results are only valid for 2 years.i was just saying in case if you've done it previously or you're applying in like 2008 or something. nevermind lol

thanks a lot!
    no problem. welcome welcome!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no no you can do it numerous times, but they only do it like twice in a year or something.
    hm. i think they do it like twice in a month in germany... in about 6 different cities... so i can do it again about 10 times
    anyway, i think i'm quite skilled in english...i mean you don't have to be PERFECT, do you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any of the social sciensies should`nt be critisised untill you get to know the fundamental stratigies involved with the subject.Psycoligy is about helping people and resolving complex issues..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 10, 2014
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.